Russian hacking of the US election

firefinga

hardly, he has denounced the kkk (in particular david duke) and i have seen nothing in the trump camp resembling the brownshirt/blackshirt tactics deployed by the left. i fail to see the racist nationalist themes in having a strong border, stopping the inflow of drugs/crime and prioritising rebuilding communities and infrastructure. equating trump with pinochet is completely absurd, there are no parallels between an elected democratic president and the leader of a military junta that disappeared three thousand people.

Good Duke got mentioned - here's what he has to tweet:

duke.jpg

firefinga

he's a complete nutcase, trump has rejected him repeatedly. also trump's grandchildren and daughter are jewish, is friends with kanye etc, it's a stretch to imply he is racist.

If you're insinuating I am implying Trump is racist, I didn't. I just gave a prime example of what a leading figure of the KKK thinks of a Trump presidency.

bruno

est malade
sorry, i saw david duke and closed the window. not surprising he is exploiting the jewish thing, they are after all reponsible for all evils in the world.

bruno

est malade
for example, recently, in hong kong, i said something mildly pro-trump and the counter-argument was: how can you defend him when your country has suffered pinochet! which is proof that political discourse has gone off the rails.
in fairness this was on new years eve with some americans i bumped into in search of a drink, when challenged they darted off as is the fashion now among the tolerant left. hongkongers on the other hand i suspect like trump for standing up to china on the south china sea and taiwan issues.

Leo

he's president of the united states, he should say things that are to be taken literally. it's bullshit to give him a pass on things now, it's not the campaign anymore.

droid

he's a complete nutcase, trump has rejected him repeatedly. also trump's grandchildren and daughter are jewish, is friends with kanye etc, it's a stretch to imply he is racist.

Trump has not rejected him repeatedly, in fact, he refused repeatedly reject him before reluctantly disavowing him after enjoying his support for months.

He only became 'friends' with Kanye after Kanye went on an anti-BLM rant shortly before he was hospitalised for mental health problems.

Its true his Son in law is jewish (though by zionist standards this doesn't make his grandchildren jewish), but he also appointed a neo-nazi propagandist to a senior position, so I guess that evens out.

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

Assuming these things were said humorously, that doesn’t mitigate there harmful effects. For one thing some supporters have seemingly taken heed of his statements. Alleged examples are the reports of armed Trump supporters watching polling stations after Trump had told his supporters to do so or of congressman being fearful of reprisals by Trump supporters. Furthermore, acclimatising people to this kind of rhetoric is dangerous. Once a society's used to the idea of a president talking about jailing political opponents or any of the other things I mentioned, it’s a step closer to being a society in which presidents do so. So assuming Trump’s only intending to be a Berlusconi (corrupt and incompetent) rather than dictatorial, he’s still to some extent conditioned American political culture to embrace someone with more malign intent in the future.

bruno

est malade
oh come on, let's be reasonable. there was never a threat to jail political oppponents, that is simply untrue. the only fascism i see is violence and threats from the extremist left as seen in the washington protests, on social media and so on. womens rights activists now wear the hijab in protest, a complete abdication of everything feminism stood for. the left shouts down and hits anything it disagrees with. who is the fascist? look in the mirror.

sufi

lala
this one even more so, via that one, which i saw earlier via @carolecadwalla

not just alt-r but also alt-l state sponsored trolls, bruno

droid

Trump has used the tactics and rhetoric of fascism, explicitly reflecting racist nationalist themes and allying himself with the KKK & neo-nazis in order to gain the support of marginalised communities who have been immiserated by the exact kinds of economic policies and behaviour he extolls.

luka

Hey, I'm a longtime Dissensian doing an art activism thing under this name.
Russian-originated or not, social engineering via big tech is very real, and very scary. Hence the namesake They Changed Us

'Our minds can be hijacked': the tech insiders who fear a smartphone dystopia
The Follower Factory
Insinuation and Influence: How the Kremlin Targets Americans Online
'Fiction is outperforming reality': how YouTube's algorithm distorts truth

lets have a look at the art then pls?

theychangedus

#socialsurveillance
Oh ok

Wouldn't be the first time I kept you guessing ;)

#thedankestwar
PSA series on trolls and propaganda. So you stand a chance against fearmongering via big tech platforms. Verification symbol posts are like digital pamphlets - click through each to see a slice of what's behind Brexit, Trump, Ukraine, etc.

#socialsurveillance
I planted stickers at 2 popular selfie spots and then sat back as Instagrammers spread my subliminal messaging. After 2 weeks my content clocked in 50k likes and nearly 100 posts. Modern social engineering in action - cheap, easy and scary.

they changed us