All Hail Our Technocrat Overlords

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
https://theoutline.com/post/351/valley-of-the-dolts

'The rigged contracts and wage suppression, the racism and surveillance collusion (soon to be playing voluntary footsie with Donald Trump’s NSA, with further chicanery to follow), all these sins of Silicon Valley have come about and been overcome before in the short history of American capitalism. They require only the same weapons as before. Organization and agitation. Strikes and labor laws. The ordinary practice of radical politics. Some of these efforts have begun already, with militant organizing and unionization drives beginning to organize Silicon Valley laborers against their exploiters. But these movements require national and popular support, support that cannot begin until the pretense and terror of world-conquering wizards is abandoned and the truth is laid bare: These are only rich assholes, the same as they ever were. All that superman bullshit is just the cheap propaganda of the powerful, propaganda so thoroughly saturated in the American mind that its own inventors might believe it.'

craner

Beast of Burden
I've become an investor under the tutelage of my Chinese colleague Chun who is an expert and has £90,000 wrapped up in shares. It's a different way of looking at the world, very educational, but amoral and corrupting. After a ten minute lesson I was demanding information on the most lucrative long term fracking yield and got it: Hurricane Energy who have just discovered a deep gas seam in the North Sea. That's the tip, guys.

What, are you going watch the chaos on the news with sad Panda eyes, or are you going to ride this Tiger?

vimothy

yurp
I'm too busy changing dirty nappies to embrace creative destruction and heroic capitalism. But it sounds lovely.

droid

Solar has just overtaken fossils as the most cost effective energy source. Even at 30% efficiency it still costs less than pumped crude per kilowatt, waaay less than fracking. Youre onto a loser.

craner

Beast of Burden
Give me your investment tips, Droid, and I'll check them with Shun. I'm all about profit now.

luka

I've got a 50 year old Venezuelan trying to get me into it. He makes a few hundred a day. One or two trades a day. A simple scheme but I wouldn't touch that with a bargepole personally

droid

Yup. Solar is now cheaper than wind, half the price of coal and is dominating in developing economies. Active oil drills in the US are at the lowest since records began, and coal is decreasing or flattening globally, whilst independent oil firms are sliding further into the red zone of potential insolvency. Add environmental concerns - the Canadian study showing a direct link between fracking and earthquakes, and of course the near certain prospect of severe climate disruption in the near future... fossils are already dead, whatever Trump and Exxon might think.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I've got a 50 year old Venezuelan trying to get me into it. He makes a few hundred a day. One or two trades a day. A simple scheme but I wouldn't touch that with a bargepole personally

The idea of making enough money to comfortably live on by doing next to nothing is enormously appealing to me, but I'd probably fuck it up and lose everything.

luka

I'll teach you the system next time I see you. It's not complicated and all buying and selling is done within a day. No long game.

luka

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Pellucid mind, mercury. Suffocated my children. Nil by mouth. Bandages cover face. Collateral damage. Bacofoil. President of the United States of America.
Febrile Antennae taste the air, flickering like a tongue. ATTENAE OF THE RACE-
I SMELL TROUBLE AHEAD. Stockpile a) bottled water. B) tinned food c) ammunition.
Cracked matrix.
Stay in this room. Walk from wall to wall. Walk in circles. Walk erratically. Walk backwards. Walk in a zig zag line. Bang your head against the wall. Scream. Sit still. Use your imagination. Open your eyes. You are still in the room. You never left the room.

luka

“What if someone comes and takes this?” he asked me. To protect his wife and daughter, he said, “I don’t have guns, but I have a lot of other weaponry. I took classes in archery.”

luka

The appealing thing about investing is that, like a Prynne poem, it compresses all the worlds information into a single plane so that a coup in Bahrain and crop failure in Armenia are equally relevant, and for the same reason. Everything becomes interesting everything becomes relevant.

luka

I think it should be illegal. I think it's the single most corrupting influence in the world and anyone with even the most modest of investments should be tortured and killed and have their broken bodies dragged through the streets by wild horses.