Rap 2017

rubberdingyrapids

migos album is so good.
kinda stays in this low key kinda mood but i think i could listen to them all day.
its almost like a purist rap album in a sense.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've kind of written off Migos at this point. They're good rappers but I'm amazed that style of theirs has got legs, would have thought it would have come and gone like a gimmick, almost.

rubberdingyrapids

hmm, i never thought of their style as a gimmick. its just a great style to me. its not das efx.

bad and booji w/lil uzi vert and the song with 2 chainz are the highlights so far.

the beat for that swizz beats/nas/dmx/jay-z/jadakiss track he played recently on his B2B set with just blaze is monstrous.

i like the new roc marci album more than any of his others, weirdly. his best beat selection i reckon.

entertainment

shit you guys are on this whole rap scene through an entirely different paradigm than me it seems. This is my allegiance at the moment:

Sort of a Slum Village meets cLOUDDEAD.

sadmanbarty

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I quite like the new kendrick, at least two of the three beats in it are good IMO. Second beat sounds like the Alchemist.

I kinda wish Kendrick was better than he is lol he's a real substantive/experimental alternative to Drake/Future etc. (not to shit on those guys) but sometimes he really sounds like he's rhyming for the sake of riddling. At least silly voices were minimised on this new track.

It sent me back to some of his older tunes such as this:

Which still kinda floors me

forclosure

shit you guys are on this whole rap scene through an entirely different paradigm than me it seems. This is my allegiance at the moment:

Sort of a Slum Village meets cLOUDDEAD.

you crazy? i thought this album was great but generally i've liked alot of what Quelle Chris has done

this i think is really good:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

This has been in my head all day. Kendrick almost ruins it. Gucci's verse is basically disposable. In summary, should have just been a Swae Lee tune.

The other Swae Lee tune on 'Ransom 2' is one of my favourite rap choons of this year too.

The Kodak Black album (or the first five tracks at least) is really good Imo

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:album:5mG8oNkNKM2my7t9ywra96" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Last edited:

entertainment

Nice new album from Kendrick. Still virtuosic in crafting head-boppable songs out of social commentary, but the production is not nearly as ambitious as To Pimp A Butterfly. The neo-soul is more neo than soul and the bangers are not anywhere near the level of the ones on Good Kid Mad City either.

DNA, Humble and that one with U2 are my highlights.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Lately I've been feeling MikeWillMadeIt is one of the best producers of this era and 'DNA' backs that up, especially after the beat switch. I want MikeWill to produce everything these days. A Swae Lee solo album first, then a reunion with Future, and so on...

I like the album a lot. Leaving aside the hype, leaving aside even the content, I just find his music enjoyable to listen to. (Don't really like 'Humble' though.) This new album is mixed down to perfection. And I appreciate how you never know exactly what he's going to come up with. He definitely has a 'sound' but he's experimental almost to a fault.

I'm sure Luka will hate this album btw :crylarf: