K-Punk

luka

I do feel physically disgusted by this kind of 'concerned' handwringing.

I thought it was going to be about the blogs. Stuff like, isn't it funny that Mark found himself interacting with Woebot for instance. What an odd couple. Hilarious to think about. But as Craner says that has all been airbrushed from history

It must be to do with the Internet this breed of human always engaged in some fiddly piece of moral artihmatic. It's similar to how social media made everyone more beautiful and fed in to obsessions with diet, health and exercise. You're on display and there's pressure, within certain circles, to be politically right on, but also your online presence doubles as a CV so it needs to be scrupulous. You can't get caught with the wrong opinion.

luka

Of course it has no bearing whatsoever on people's conduct it's purely a matter of being seen to think the right things. An abhorrent strain of priggishness and pursed lips.

luka

What's the issue with the medallion, it sounds fucking great!

Craner felt it marked the beginning of an attempt to form a kind of dear leader cult I think. Internet fame having a strange distorting effect on the personality.

luka

Also I think that there is another thing that will probably happen about that early blogging scene and we will all need to resist efforts to reduce it to Mark and Reynolds and the ones who did books.

I was really shocked when I woke up to the fact that half of my peers had been cold blooded careerists all along! Felt a bit cheated.

catalog

I'm not falling for this medallion business. You got me with the Barty far right thing, but this is ridiculous

catalog

It was 100% real! Why would I make up a thing like that?

I dunno, to take the piss? But maybe luke is right, maybe you wouldn't lie. But I can't help feeling it's too ridiculous. Why would he have done that? Seems very out of character

luka

I dunno, to take the piss? But maybe luke is right, maybe you wouldn't lie. But I can't help feeling it's too ridiculous. Why would he have done that? Seems very out of character

Craner felt, and I agree, that it was the effects of the attention he'd been getting online. That he could begin to occupy this online role in real life, in the outside. But It was out of character. That's why we were so shocked. You know, what does this mean?

Leo

the most important question: was the medallion worn inside or outside the shirt? a hidden code or visible talisman?