why is ambient so popular now

DannyL

Wild Horses
Do you use the I Ching as part of your music making, Droid? I kinda use it for everything - it's currently functioning as a childrearing guide.

Eno show is sick btw.

droid

Yeah, Ive used the I Ching, blind selection techniques, dice, stopwatches, the golden ratio. Doesnt always work, but find them all good jumping off points. Our next studio mix has a particular theme and we're planning on projecting pictures and videos on the wall and trying to match sound to the images.

Glad you enjoyed the Eno show. The quality was due mainly to the indulgence of our guests.

droid

I should point out that we're just one of many shows on the station, and have nothing to do with the organisation or operation. Still chuffed though.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I'm using some of these albums to try and get a baby to sleep. It's not really working but the fault is not with the music, it's with the baby.

Numbers

I'm using some of these albums to try and get a baby to sleep. It's not really working but the fault is not with the music, it's with the baby.

Maybe try the drone thread? There was some album on sleep deprivation, I think:) Best of luck with the baby, though. I know it can be quite enduring.

luka

Dante Gonzalez Ortega‎
to
Ambient Techno World 1990s
11 mins ·

Hi! Thank you so much for accepting my request ^^
I am here because I urgently need your help, I'm looking for an old electronic/techno ambient song I heard back in the day but I barely remember few details about it. I also had a recording but it's been long gone, making it harder for me to find it :( so I'll list what I remember:
.I heard that song late 2007, therefore it must've been written in that year or it is much older.
.In terms of sound, it had very similar textures to that of Aphex Twin or Telefon Tel Aviv, especially the latter as I'm reminded of that song whenever I listen to Fahrenheit, though the song was much slower.
.The song was too atmospheric. lt had water drops samples as those you'd hear inside a cavern throughout the song.
.There was a female voice doing moan/orgasmic sounds too. These orgasms, however, were not harsh or aggressive but slow, soft and sweet, almost frail and delicate (as if a girl were discovering masturbation for the first time lmao).
.If I remember correctly, the moans appear 1 or 1 minute and a half before the song ended and they would echo until then.
That's all I can remember, I'd very much appreciate all your help

luka

I had something clever to say about this thread. Hopefully I can find a way to articulate it this evening. It's to do with trying to unplug the beast inheritance and social conditioning. Maybe it's drug madness though.. we'll see...

Numbers

The FACT New age top 20 contains mostly brilliant music and a dubious number 1, but still.

I only knew the dubious number one (and the admittedly fantastic Brouk). Can I ask which ones you rate most? I am not convinced I want to dive in the whole (dubious) genre, but some guided tippy-toeing could be worth it.

Last edited: