Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dissensus Convocation

ye-ah, Im just not to fond of pubs to begin with, and this sounds like the pubbiest pub in existence.

The main priority is that people show up and enjoy themselves, but my ideal venue would be a quietish, not too raucous or crowded room, that may or may not serve drinks.

only thing i could think of that would fufil those critera are someones home or squatting an area of the barbican or royal festival hall

well i just have this non-intriguing space in my workplace near old st
    no winkles on the bar
    no bar

come and inspect, Luka?

id be happy to sufi although i dont thnk venue is very important. more vital to get as many clashing personalities and weirdos in the same room and enjoy the results.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

yep.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Woebot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    They've been plagued with passive aggressive, entitled middle class provincials slumming it for a few years in London before they can afford a mortgage in Surrey. These people should be made to feel unwelcome. It's how you preserve the character of your establishment. It's true they kicked me and my brother out once in 2004 but we were very very very drunk. Otherwise they've always been perfect.
    Maybe so, but if the landlord turfed out two guys for being a couple then that's unacceptable in a pretty absolute way, isn't it?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

They'd better fucking approve my conference request now, thats all I can say.

Would like the option of Sufi's room investigated pls. Check for trapdoors etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Maybe so, but if the landlord turfed out two guys for being a couple then that's unacceptable in a pretty absolute way, isn't it?
    he didnt

Huh? I'm missing something here. Was droid posting reviews of a different pub?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

No, its the same pub. Multiple reports of homophobia. Plenty of good reviews too, but the bad ones seem credible. Not serving water strikes right to my decrepit raver sensibilities.

http://www.timeout.com/london/bars-pubs/palm-tree

We should all mince in there, hand in hand, and demand free water. In cocktail glasses with little umbrellas in them.

No way! The Palm Tree is SHIT

I've only been there twice. First time, some old bloke in a leather jacket spent all night stalking me, hassling me to buy coke and trying to impress on me that he was some ICF 'top boy'. Second time was the Dissensus meet-up, where Pearsall bet I couldn't do the Dog Eat Dog drum pattern - but when I got on the drumkit, some old bitch from behind the bar started screaming at me. The beer was piss as well; might as well have been tap water for all you non-drinkers.

Plus you have to walk up the Roman Road and then go through a park to get there. Fuck the Palm Tree.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin For This Useful Post:

Do you have any pics of your garden of delights Sufi?

yes i do,
    I don't have pics of the meeting rooms tho
    (they are featureless and boring looking, there is a moderately unattractive outdoors space attached)

I'm not 100% convinced that this will be an ideal match. Luka may be able to convince me