Dissensus Convocation

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
We should all mince in there, hand in hand, and demand free water. In cocktail glasses with little umbrellas in them.

martin

----
No way! The Palm Tree is SHIT :eek:

I've only been there twice. First time, some old bloke in a leather jacket spent all night stalking me, hassling me to buy coke and trying to impress on me that he was some ICF 'top boy'. Second time was the Dissensus meet-up, where Pearsall bet I couldn't do the Dog Eat Dog drum pattern - but when I got on the drumkit, some old bitch from behind the bar started screaming at me. The beer was piss as well; might as well have been tap water for all you non-drinkers.

Plus you have to walk up the Roman Road and then go through a park to get there. Fuck the Palm Tree.

sufi

lala
yes i do,
I don't have pics of the meeting rooms tho
(they are featureless and boring looking, there is a moderately unattractive outdoors space attached)

I'm not 100% convinced that this will be an ideal match. Luka may be able to convince me

luka

No way! The Palm Tree is SHIT :eek:

I've only been there twice. First time, some old bloke in a leather jacket spent all night stalking me, hassling me to buy coke and trying to impress on me that he was some ICF 'top boy'. Second time was the Dissensus meet-up, where Pearsall bet I couldn't do the Dog Eat Dog drum pattern - but when I got on the drumkit, some old bitch from behind the bar started screaming at me. The beer was piss as well; might as well have been tap water for all you non-drinkers.

Plus you have to walk up the Roman Road and then go through a park to get there. Fuck the Palm Tree.

yeah they dont like 'characters' or people making a scene. its a pub for normal people to have a drink.

droid

lol. Martin, do you have any suggestions of a nice quiet pub, not too cramped, OK music, chilled staff, centralish?

craner

Beast of Burden
There is nothing wrong with The Palm Tree, the idea that it's some homophobic den of hate is absurd. It has its rules sure, but it's quite hard to break them unless you are being an idiot. I could saunter in on my own on a quiet week night, sprawl the Herald Tribune over the bar and nurse a glass of wine. Not only was I never kicked out, the landlord and Lady would invariably engage me in pleasant conversation. It's not that hard to enjoy this lovely pub.

Last edited:

luka

if you act like a dickhead they kick you out. if you don't, they don't. simple really.

droid

A homophobic den of hate staffed by an ogre & a harridan who spit in the face of those seeking water and violently abuse and eject musicians and the common working man.

Its like the most anti-dissensus venue imaginable. I can see why you picked it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A homophobic den of hate staffed by an ogre & a harridan who spit in the face of those seeking water and violently abuse and eject musicians and the common working man.

Its like the most anti-dissensus venue imaginable. I can see why you picked it.

Wait till you hear their opinion of the Iraq invasion!

luka

WE'RE NOT GOING THERE ANYWAY BUT FOR THE RECORD IT WAS ONE OF THE GREAT PUBS OF LONDON AND ITS BETTER WITHOUT YOU WEIRDOS AND NERDS GOING THERE ANYYWAY COS IT IS A PUB FOR NORMAL PEOPLE LIKE ME TO DRINK NORMALLY WITH OTHER NORMAL PEOPLE NOT WHINGING FLOUNCING PROVINCIAL PEOPLE WITH POTATO FACES WHO DONT UNDERSTAND THE AGE OLD WAYS AND LORE OF EAST LONDON

craner

Beast of Burden
I guess we could all sit in a room listening to Droid's reggae records and drinking water instead. Sounds like awesome fun.