Dissensus Convocation

john eden

male pale and stale
Second time was the Dissensus meet-up, where Pearsall bet I couldn't do the Dog Eat Dog drum pattern - but when I got on the drumkit, some old bitch from behind the bar started screaming at me. The beer was piss as well; might as well have been tap water for all you non-drinkers.

Plus you have to walk up the Roman Road and then go through a park to get there. Fuck the Palm Tree.

Was this also the occasion when you got smacked in the face by another attendee when we got the bus afterwards? Weird night.

john eden

male pale and stale
I'm out of the promotions game, so will be of no use.

My local has a lovely big room upstairs where you can control the music. But they want a grand bar spend - which is probably going some for us now that Martin has mellowed with age.

droid

I think we may have found a compromise venue. Not planning on bringing any reggae this time.

CrowleyHead

I think by May 27 I'm off study so I could even fly out just to harass you fogeys in public.

So if any of you work in the Department of Immigration, now's a good time to put me on a No Fly list.

luka

you should. then there would be two straight edge people in attendance. corpsey wont come becasue he is very timid and never leaves his village.

droid

Lads - what do we think about days.

Friday evening is my preference as I had plans to depart your doomed city on Saturday, but I could rearrange things. What do the rest of you ingrates say?

IdleRich

IdleRich
So what was the upshot with this? I'm definitely up for a meeting but do we have a definite place and, especially, date so that I don't accidentally plan something else on the same day?

droid

Been off the boil. Will update this week. We have a place I think. Date will be May 26th if it goes ahead.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Been off the boil. Will update this week. We have a place I think. Date will be May 26th if it goes ahead.
Well date is most important thing and it's far enough ahead that I've no excuse. I will make a note in my diary.

forclosure

i'm up for a pow wow but i'm in Wood Green so yeah can understand people not wanting to make the journey here

droid

Normal people!

But alas, Im sorry to report that I didnt get approved for the conference due to some bullshit work politics. Change is afoot here so Im going to try again for later in the year - September/October, and it should work this time.

Sorry I didnt mention this sooner, confirmation was fairly recent. I urge you all to meet up anyway, if only to mock John Eden's quotidian reasonableness, give Tea the beating he deserves and to gaze in wonder at Martin's godlike physique.

droid

I know Ive cried wolf before, but hoping to do this sometime this year. March or May.