It's great when you're straight

luka

eating food like toad in the hole and beef wellington at 5pm. smoking woodbines. listening to the wireless.

luka

beating your wife and eating pork scratchings. washing the dishes in the bathwater cos of austerity.

Everything was better 60 years ago. Everything. Who wouldn't swap fun-free, debased, impoverished, small-thinking, smokeless, hand-to-mouth, neo-Communist 2018 for free-wheeling, jet-age, atmospheric nuclear testing, acid-experimenting, Dolce Vita 1958 in a minute, really?

luka

i sometimes call craner 1950s man for his single minded dedication to booze and fags.
rcrumb-2.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think the one thing that's unarguable is that everyone was much better dressed back then. Cars looked awesome too.

Last edited:

martin

----
Don't want to piss on this detour into '50s aesthetics, but it was the first nice image of 'booze and fags' I could find on Google Search.

Corpsey is probably right. A whole generation of zonked-out OAPs with VR headsets, grinning inanely while virtual-hang gliding, is what we've got coming to us. Pass the smack.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i sometimes call craner 1950s man for his single minded dedication to booze and fags.
View attachment 465

Well that's fair enough, I mean white people wouldn't even take drugs were it not for the nefarious Chinaman using opium to enslave innocent white girls in the dens of Limehouse and Liverpool or the negro jazz player with his seductive marijuana cigarettes.

john eden

male pale and stale
There's nothing to stop anyone wearing a suit and tie in a pub in 2018, with or without facial hair?

I think both of these things are best avoided personally.

luka

im a puritan now i dont approve of them. gross behaviour. worst tendencies of angloid society.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
I wonder if there'll be a puritan/straight-edge movement in rap soon, as a reaction to the Xanax feeding frenzy that's going on ATM

Bow-ties and mineral water in the club