It's great when you're straight

droid

Ego death and anxiety is a fundamental part of tripping, I found a way to deal with it early on, but was always suspicious of people who denied it.

Actual fuckoff bad trips - only ever had one and thats when I was spiked with Nbome.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
For sure yeah, while also having the courage to take your hands of the reins was a big thing I found.

That Milton quote is very good! So much was leaning into the fear or sitting with it. For me at least, the ayahuasca sort of took all that rumination and preoccupation we do and infinitely accelerated it. All thoughts and memories built into the most sophisticated matrix of anxiety you could ever conjure up - then at someone point you reach the end of it, that terrible picture is complete and you think 'huh, so that's the worst of it?' and also see very clearly that is it you doing this to yourself. Sounds like the most obvious stuff ever but profound in its own way given its the very stuff you overlook. From that point on the universe really starts singing to you and its amazing. Like I said, I would have been sceptical enough about all this recently as three weeks ago.

I think a common enough experience while tripping can be this sense of, not quite paranoia but like everything around gets woven into your thoughts be it objects, other people's movements and you start to feel like it has all been one big set up? It sort of dawned on me that this is rooted in self-centredness? Like it is very unlikely that say, anyone else in the room sneezing has anything to do with you but something inside genuinely believes it for a time. Once that lightbub went in my head all the chaos and external stuff that had just been quite oppressive turned instead to complete harmony. Speaking to someone else there the morning after who had a similar experience and we both agreed the world couldn't have been revolving around both of us!

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Plus now I am chucking me Moving Shadow 12s in the bin to focus solely on the most achingly life affirming Colombian folk music

luka

good stuff. it really can give you a useful kick up the backside. it sorted out my weed and alcohol addictions. it doesnt prevent you from backsliding though. you have to take a bit of responsibility for keeping the faith after the light goes out. that's the tricky bit i guess.

(backsliding rather than backsiding)

Last edited:

droid

This is why DMT is illegal. Now we need to exterminate the warped followers of this twisted cult.

luka

ive never felt contrition before or knew what it meant now it all floods over me in a vast accusatory wave.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Yeah, backsliding is a concern though not on the horizon presently I feel. Wasn't after anything in terms of roadmaps or next steps but do feel a lot better myself in terms of negotiating my way more proactively and dealing with the knocks.

john eden

male pale and stale
Ego death and anxiety is a fundamental part of tripping, I found a way to deal with it early on, but was always suspicious of people who denied it.

Actual fuckoff bad trips - only ever had one and thats when I was spiked with Nbome.

Some people just seem in their element on hallucinogens though - like everything is amazing or hilarious or love? It sounds annoying, when I type that out, but they are the best people to experience these things with if you are a bit geeky and prone to downer introspection.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
This is why DMT is illegal. Now we need to exterminate the warped followers of this twisted cult.

haha, if anything there are a whole load of Mancuso records I'm really getting in a way I hadn't previously.

My neighbours not so much.

luka

Some people just seem in their element on hallucinogens though - like everything is amazing or hilarious or love? It sounds annoying, when I type that out, but they are the best people to experience these things with if you are a bit geeky and prone to downer introspection.

im basically one of those people tbh. whereas booze turns me into a monster. or more of a monster or whatever.

droid

Ego death happens about 1-2 hours in, not always, but eventually. Its possible to have an amazing time afterwards and/or before but if you trip much its unavoidable.

john eden

male pale and stale
Ego death happens about 1-2 hours in, not always, but eventually. Its possible to have an amazing time afterwards and/or before but if you trip much its unavoidable.

OK but I was more interested in anxiety, which I don't think is necessarily part of that.