It's great when you're straight

luka

electroXboy
3h ago
15 16

Yes, it could help. However, the older people I know like their ganja and their wine, lol. What can you do with em?

I would say that if you are older and new to ganja then it could open up a lot of sores psychologically. That could be a good thing if you can cope with the "insight" late in life.

I don't know what to tell people any longer. I have used ganja for many years in huge quantities. Now I just have a pipe and use my desk top vaporizer. It is a wonderful invention. Problem is for asthma sufferers, it irritates the lungs more than smoke does, possibly. I have to use it carefully on lower heats.

Long term use completely changes your brain, in many ways indefinitely, because like TS Eliot said an age of prudence can never retract experiences. I am happy with all the changes. Life would be a night mare without it, too painful to live and I would be too angry to live properly.

Is it just a painkiller for us who live in one kind of a ghetto or other? Certainly it helps me survive the vulnerability and hardships of my existence.

It definitely opens your mind up. If you want that give it a try. I am very creative. I read and write all the time, make music from my studio and constantly think about Creation. Between yesterday and today, for example, I have been thinking and writing about Black Holes and how they might be the Power Grid for the universe (charging the universe with cosmic rays as information that create and binds matter) as well as learning about ancient Sumer and the oral/literary connection between the Hebrew Torah, Epic of Gilgamesh and Homer's Epics. I have a full balloon of ganja vapor on top of my piano keyboard, a Gibson on my bed and listening to a Chicago House composition I have just finished that is class.

Do you want that? I am 52 almost now and still full on at it penetrating this reality. I will do it until I fall down dead, lol. Really, it is a very creative thing this Cannabis. I can play heaps of instruments well and know lots about many subjects. My brain is very crazy. It is a warehouse in the Dylan sense of "warehouse eyes". I like relating creatively. I do it all just because I want to and still have all the passion.

All that and lob in the visionary experiences I have had, well I feel blessed. None of this has any place in the market, in politics, in capitalism nor in the state. It is my private fantasy, just like John told me to make it when I listened to his "Double Fantasy" album with Yoko when I was a fourteen year old grieving for my gran who had been my mother 9 and abusing alcohol on a council estate. The school had written me of then as a loser. Luckily I had an intellect just waiting to be ignited. Luckily I met someone when young who not only ignited my intellect, but exploded it.

Was I a loser, folks? Nope, I am a BEATNIK CHAMPION. I have become everything I wanted to be. If it ends tomorrow even I have won the war against you, state. You wanted me to be a good little consumer zombie who does not think. I had other plans.

Yes, today I am thinking about Eliot's Wasteland and how it is a mind blowing prophesy of the end of borders in literature, in time and place. Eliot brough it all together in that poem, from Gilgamesh to Dante to the Upanishads; son of man you can not tell, you cannot tell.

Is ganja good for the son and daughter of man? It is good if you want to disturb the universe. It is bad if you are scared of your own soul, of life, of emotion, of losing your materialist tendencies, your control freakery and unconscious but gaining your freedom and imagination. It is not an easy ride. I have even done time in St Anne's, Paris, when I had a bad psychosis. There are some scary places in the psyche, dark holes you may never find your way out of once entered, just like Gilgamesh's and Dante's expeditions. I made it back out of the Black Hole, luckily.

Ganja has helped me through all of this, to journey. My pipe is even called a Journeypipe, lol. Yes, I have my journey pipe and my volcano, a kind of Virgil's lamp indeed.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slaver, none but ourselves can free our minds".

One of the best teachings from my fellow human being I ever had. You may find out for yourself who sang that.
Reply Share

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Highly hostile article about Peterson here: http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2018/03/19/jordan-peterson-and-fascist-mysticism/ which describes him as a neo-Romantic, counter-Enlightenment mystagogue. Makes a good deal of sense, given his apparent obsession with Jung and antipathy towards modernity, but it rather flies in the face of the way luka and others here have characterized him a plodding purveyor of stodgy, empiricist "common sense".

I mean, can there be such a thing as "mystical common sense"? Sounds pretty oxymoronic to me.

luka

did i? where? it's possible i suppose. i link him with the daddy knows best crowd for sure. surrogate dad willing and able to set boundaries not like the permissive parenting of marxist post modernism which has led to a whole population of man-babies unwilling to tidy their own rooms.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
That's the thing about JP, innit, he portrays himself as an ultra rational scientist type while simultaneously banging on about Jungian archetypes

I wonder if he has dabbled in psychoactive substances? Seems like he isn't the type tbh

I've probably posted this before in here but http://orwell.ru/library/reviews/yeats/english/e_yeats Orwell linking Yeats's mysticism with Yeats's fascism.

luka

grapejuice has been trying to argue for a left-mysticism. i dont think it's necessarily an oxymoron but the mystic/fascist overlap is troubling without a doubt.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
did i? where? it's possible i suppose. i link him with the daddy knows best crowd for sure.

I think this is a lazy trope that you overly rely on for rhetorical purposes. It's also possible - highly likely, even - that in a debate or argument between two people, both of them will come across as patronising know-alls, even if they're coming at an issue from otherwise opposed places. I mean, by the same token Cathy Newman was giving it the mummy-knows-best routine in the C4 interview, or was trying to, at least.

luka

I think this is a lazy trope that you overly rely on for rhetorical purposes. It's also possible - highly likely, even - that in a debate or argument between two people, both of them will come across as patronising know-alls, even if they're coming at an issue from otherwise opposed places. I mean, by the same token Cathy Newman was giving it the mummy-knows-best routine in the C4 interview, or was trying to, at least.

i think you dont understand it.

luka

im not stopping you from donating to petersons patreon account though. it's a free country, man.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
Blake's mysticism was 'left-wing', wasn't it? The belief in the equality of men, the abhorrence of tyranny, etc.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
grapejuice has been trying to argue for a left-mysticism.

Seems like a hard, if not impossible task to me. Isn't all mysticism, and occultism even more so, inherently elitist? At heart, is it not fundamentally about knowing stuff that the common man, the ignoramus in the street, the normies, the sheeple, don't know? Even if it's not impossible, I agree that it lends itself to fascism - or at least to right-authoritarianism of some sort; aristocracy, monarchy, theocracy - far more easily than to any form of leftism, except maybe the facile pseudo-leftism of postmodernism (Peterson's bete noire, which he is right to criticise, even if his proposed solution is just as bad or worse). It's surely not inconsequential that Marx was a materialist.

Last edited:

luka

In the Wake, as mentioned above, the two archetypal and opposed forces or figures are the twin brothers, Shem and Shaun. Shem is the radical and Shaun is the reactionary. Shaun is the puritanical alt-righter and Shem is the degenerate libtard cuck. Shaun is an Irish nationalist and Shem, according to his brother, is an "Europasianised Afferyank!"

In other words, Shem is a thoroughly globalized and mongrelized citizen of both the world and nowhere. He is equally European, Asian, African and American, and is set against the purity of race, culture, language and nationality. It is evident, that while Joyce deemed both brothers as essential parts of the whole, his sympathies really laid with Shem.

Joyce obviously rooted for the liberal, Jewish, tolerant and would-be cosmopolitan, Leopold Bloom -- the very epitome of the cuckold in literature -- over the xenophobic, antisemitic, Irish nationalist, The Citizen in Ulysses. Bloom is fallen, but the Citizen has fallen far further.

Joyce often ridiculed the fascist posturings and affections of his fellow modernists like W.B. Yeats and Ezra Pound. In a letter to Harriet Weaver about the increasingly rigid trajectory of modernism, Joyce wrote:

...the more I hear of the political, philosophical, ethical zeal and labours of the brilliant members of Pound's brass band the more I wonder why I was ever let into it "with my little magic flute."

Joyce's own political leanings, as far as they were political at all, were individualist and anarchist, much like Shem's. But he was also a humanist and a universalist. He was equally scornful of British imperialism and Roman Catholic dogma as he was with xenophobic and narrow Irish nationalism. Beyond both the nation and the empire is the creative artist who, in a Blakean sense, creates his or her own system and is subject only to the Imagination. Priests and kings and presidents and parties are all worthless shams compared to it.

http://groupnameforgrapejuice.blogs...finnegans-wake-predicts-and.html#comment-form