It's great when you're straight

luka

i mean it's just boring isn't it? what energises his base? what established his notoriety? 3 hour lectures on nietzsche or baiting the transgender lot?

luka

its just that gross, coquettish game of fluttering eyelashes at reactionaries and disavowing it at the same time

luka

i like jung, nietzsche, mysticism, occultism, etc etc. i find it all fascinating but i dont think peterson is an interesting guide to or interpreter of that stuff and i dont think his popularity has much to do with that stuff. its just rabble rousing in the culture wars.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Liking your own posts again, luka. Now there's some degenerate behaviour if ever I saw it. Why don't you stand up straight and tidy your room?

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
i like jung, nietzsche, mysticism, occultism, etc etc. i find it all fascinating but i dont think peterson is an interesting guide to or interpreter of that stuff and i dont think his popularity has much to do with that stuff. its just rabble rousing in the culture wars.

In some ways he's comparable to Harold Bloom

A sort of embattled and battling academic, raging against the postmodern machine

Even the mysticism stuff fits with Bloom, actually

Bloom is a great critic (albeit maddening and slightly insane) but his comparatively high profile among academics must be to do with his opposition to attacks on the canon, defence of the dead white males... And also his belief that reading, while not likely to change the world, is the path to self-reliance.

With Bloom it's Freud, not Jung - the anxiety of influence and so on.

Peterson is Canadian, of course, but this sort of self-reliance, personal religion stuff is very embedded in American history/culture. Thoreau, Emerson, Melville, et al

Last edited:

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
There's a galaxy of interests orbiting the Joe Rogan podcast

it includes

MMA
Hunting (ideally with a bow and arrow) - self-sufficiency
Nutrition/exercise
Psychedelics/weed
Anti-PC/identity politics
Conspiracy theories (flirtation with if not actual embracing of)

I wouldn't say its quite alt-right, but definitely leaning right on certain issues

Rogan's podcast did a lot to bring Peterson to wider attention.

luka

There's a galaxy of interests orbiting the Joe Rogan podcast

it includes

MMA
Hunting (ideally with a bow and arrow) - self-sufficiency
Nutrition/exercise
Psychedelics/weed
Anti-PC/identity politics
Conspiracy theories (flirtation with if not actual embracing of)

I wouldn't say its quite alt-right, but definitely leaning right on certain issues

Rogan's podcast did a lot to bring Peterson to wider attention.

ive been sort of keeping an eye on it. steroidal with terrible tattoos. we talked a bit about it on the crank nutrition thread.

droid

In some ways he's comparable to Harold Bloom

A sort of embattled and battling academic, raging against the postmodern machine

Even the mysticism stuff fits with Bloom, actually

Bloom is a great critic (albeit maddening and slightly insane) but his comparatively high profile among academics must be to do with his opposition to attacks on the canon, defence of the dead white males... And also his belief that reading, while not likely to change the world, is the path to self-reliance.

Peterson is Canadian, of course, but this sort of self-reliance, personal religion stuff is very embedded in American history/culture. Thoreau, Emerson, Melville, et al

Thats harsh on Bloom.

Having spent some time now investigating Peterson (much to my disgust) it seems that the initial reaction is correct, he is essentially your basic reactionary shithead who really isnt too bright.

• He opposes trans rights etc because they impinge on his right to say what he likes.
  • He opposes activism in all its forms saying that people should just pull their socks up instead.
  • He claims solidarity and attempts to change society will inevitably lead to the gulag.
  • He suggests that the biggest threat to humanity is cultural marxism, radical campuses and the social sciences.

This is a marginally repackaged conservative playbook with a sprinkle of self help, and his popularity is essentially down to social media and the right wing outrage machine.

Have you all seen this exasperated demolition? https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/03/the-intellectual-we-deserve

droid

He's the epitome of privilege; educated, wealthy, western, white - and by golly, he's not gonna take it anymore.

luka

who eat nothing but steak and eggs.

Matt Haig
‏Verified account @matthaig1

Feminism isn't hurting men's mental health. Patriarchal ideas of the impossible strong, silent, successful male are. We need to broaden the emotional range. We need to be seen as carers, as talkers, as vulnerable, as in need of other people. Everyone wins.

Illimitable
🇬🇧
🇺🇸
‏ @IllimitableMan
20h20 hours ago

Illimitable
🇬🇧

🇺🇸 Retweeted Matt Haig

This is soy nonsense.
Making men more like women is not the solution, Matt
We've had 5 decades of this nonsense, and it's made things worse, not better.
Boys are underachieving academically
Divorce is at an all time high
Women are unhappier than ever
Stop lying Matt, stop lying.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
guaranteed to annoy luka, who despises martin amis, but peterson always reminds me of this review by amis of robert bly's 'iron john' book

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v13/n23/martin-amis/return-of-the-male

He doesn’t look like a man of iron, but there’s definitely something steely about him. He is unironical about himself, and naively vain (Iron John features a book-length running joke on authorial pretension, in which quoted gobbets from such poets as Rilke, Antonio Machado, the Norwegian Rolf Jacobsen, and many others, including Dante, are all ‘translated by R.B.’). Mr Bly wants respect; he has plenty of bristles and prickles; like Bronco toilet-paper, he takes no shit from anyone. He is, in fact, that familiar being, the ‘strong personality’. This kind of strength is innate and not acquired, and is always looking for ways to expand. ‘Zeus energy is male authority accepted for the sake of the community’. It sounds like a marvellously elemental excuse for getting away with everything. Zeus energy, ‘hurricane energy’: here is something that sweeps all before it. Would you want to tell Zeus to take out the garbage? Would you want to ask a hurricane to wipe its feet on the mat?

luka

He's the epitome of privilege; educated, wealthy, western, white - and by golly, he's not gonna take it anymore.

Jordan B Peterson
‏Verified account @jordanbpeterson

Jordan B Peterson Retweeted Jordan B Peterson

And you call me a fascist? You sanctimonious prick. If you were in my room at the moment, I'd slap you happily.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
i refuse to watch that, rogan's the least funny comedian in the world

seems like a nice guy overall but also an obvious dimwit

luka

WHAT IS THE FEAST OF WAR?
Luxury dining where men discuss politics, war, and business over steaks, spirits and cigars is a glorious and magnificent tradition that never should have been murdered by political correctness.
DARK TRIAD MAN® roars it back to life in a major city near you.
It’s past time to return to these fundamentals. And victory in the cultural war means superb dining, drinks and utterly ruthless discussion with men who make absolutely no apologies for their beliefs.
The Feasts of War are private evenings with incomparable food and the company of vital brothers who believe in total victory.
Ivan Throne invites you to join the men at these luxury events.
Feast-of-War_Steak.jpg
https://darktriadman.com/feast-of-war/

luka

WHAT KIND OF MEN ATTEND?

We want men who are headed for victory.

Successful upwards career trajectory
Disenchanted with stifling political correctness
Aware of the vast opportunities men have today
Unimpressed with social justice warrior narratives
Contemptuous of anarchists, Marxists, and their failed ideologies
Aggressively focused on continuous self-improvement
Strong belief in individual effort and success
Comfortable social skills in upscale settings
Seeking brothers to network in luxury and plan success with.

If this is you, then you belong at the Feast of War

Cigar_2.jpg