Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: It's great when you're straight

Rule 1 Stand up straight with your shoulders back

Rule 2 Treat yourself like you would someone you are responsible for helping

Rule 3 Make friends with people who want the best for you

Rule 4 Compare yourself with who you were yesterday, not with who someone else is today

Rule 5 Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them

Rule 6 Set your house in perfect order before you criticise the world

Rule 7 Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)

Rule 8 Tell the truth Ė or, at least, donít lie

Rule 9 Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you donít

Rule 10 Be precise in your speech

Rule 11 Do not bother children when they are skate-boarding

Rule 12 Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street

my mates been experimenting with this as medication but hes still depressed.
    you have to get a massive revelatory experience to really jump from one track
    to another i think and that gets less and less likely the older and more drug
    addled you are. otherwise it's more likely to be a patient and methodical
    thing. doing therapy on yourself for years. inculcating good habits. hard work.
    Last edited by luka; 04-03-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Is your mate experimenting with it as in snorting lines of it?

I think you need to have it on a drip from a proper doctor tbh

and agreed that no drug (SSRIs included) is going to completely cure depression, if the depression is coming from some dissatisfaction with your life

i think this is actually the appeal of drugs to a lot of ppl (myself included) - the 'magic bullet' idea (no JFK conspiracy theory allusion intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Is your mate experimenting with it as in snorting lines of it?

I think you need to have it on a drip from a proper doctor tbh
    it wouldnt make any difference i dont think. ketamine is ketamine. hes sticking little bits in his mouth. doctors are overrated.

i am also very susceptible to 'magic bullet' thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    and agreed that no drug (SSRIs included) is going to completely cure depression, if the depression is coming from some dissatisfaction with your life
    drugs.jpg
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Rule 9 Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you donít
    well that's a deal breaker.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

Good mini thread touching on Peterson's race nonsense and rw leanings.

can Jordan Peterson have his own thread - or will that just encourage him?

i almost got a pint in today but sufi stopped me

electroXboy
    3h ago
    15 16

Yes, it could help. However, the older people I know like their ganja and their wine, lol. What can you do with em?

I would say that if you are older and new to ganja then it could open up a lot of sores psychologically. That could be a good thing if you can cope with the "insight" late in life.

I don't know what to tell people any longer. I have used ganja for many years in huge quantities. Now I just have a pipe and use my desk top vaporizer. It is a wonderful invention. Problem is for asthma sufferers, it irritates the lungs more than smoke does, possibly. I have to use it carefully on lower heats.

Long term use completely changes your brain, in many ways indefinitely, because like TS Eliot said an age of prudence can never retract experiences. I am happy with all the changes. Life would be a night mare without it, too painful to live and I would be too angry to live properly.

Is it just a painkiller for us who live in one kind of a ghetto or other? Certainly it helps me survive the vulnerability and hardships of my existence.

It definitely opens your mind up. If you want that give it a try. I am very creative. I read and write all the time, make music from my studio and constantly think about Creation. Between yesterday and today, for example, I have been thinking and writing about Black Holes and how they might be the Power Grid for the universe (charging the universe with cosmic rays as information that create and binds matter) as well as learning about ancient Sumer and the oral/literary connection between the Hebrew Torah, Epic of Gilgamesh and Homer's Epics. I have a full balloon of ganja vapor on top of my piano keyboard, a Gibson on my bed and listening to a Chicago House composition I have just finished that is class.

Do you want that? I am 52 almost now and still full on at it penetrating this reality. I will do it until I fall down dead, lol. Really, it is a very creative thing this Cannabis. I can play heaps of instruments well and know lots about many subjects. My brain is very crazy. It is a warehouse in the Dylan sense of "warehouse eyes". I like relating creatively. I do it all just because I want to and still have all the passion.

All that and lob in the visionary experiences I have had, well I feel blessed. None of this has any place in the market, in politics, in capitalism nor in the state. It is my private fantasy, just like John told me to make it when I listened to his "Double Fantasy" album with Yoko when I was a fourteen year old grieving for my gran who had been my mother 9 and abusing alcohol on a council estate. The school had written me of then as a loser. Luckily I had an intellect just waiting to be ignited. Luckily I met someone when young who not only ignited my intellect, but exploded it.

Was I a loser, folks? Nope, I am a BEATNIK CHAMPION. I have become everything I wanted to be. If it ends tomorrow even I have won the war against you, state. You wanted me to be a good little consumer zombie who does not think. I had other plans.

Yes, today I am thinking about Eliot's Wasteland and how it is a mind blowing prophesy of the end of borders in literature, in time and place. Eliot brough it all together in that poem, from Gilgamesh to Dante to the Upanishads; son of man you can not tell, you cannot tell.

Is ganja good for the son and daughter of man? It is good if you want to disturb the universe. It is bad if you are scared of your own soul, of life, of emotion, of losing your materialist tendencies, your control freakery and unconscious but gaining your freedom and imagination. It is not an easy ride. I have even done time in St Anne's, Paris, when I had a bad psychosis. There are some scary places in the psyche, dark holes you may never find your way out of once entered, just like Gilgamesh's and Dante's expeditions. I made it back out of the Black Hole, luckily.

Ganja has helped me through all of this, to journey. My pipe is even called a Journeypipe, lol. Yes, I have my journey pipe and my volcano, a kind of Virgil's lamp indeed.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slaver, none but ourselves can free our minds".

One of the best teachings from my fellow human being I ever had. You may find out for yourself who sang that.
    Reply Share

Highly hostile article about Peterson here: http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2018/03...ist-mysticism/ which describes him as a neo-Romantic, counter-Enlightenment mystagogue. Makes a good deal of sense, given his apparent obsession with Jung and antipathy towards modernity, but it rather flies in the face of the way luka and others here have characterized him a plodding purveyor of stodgy, empiricist "common sense".

I mean, can there be such a thing as "mystical common sense"? Sounds pretty oxymoronic to me.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you