It's great when you're straight

luka

something i'd like to get into but so far have failed. i get more pleasure reading the German of it, which I don't understand, than the English translations as a rule. Incantations, all those repeating sounds and the long lines of it

Last edited:

DLaurent

I understand bits of the German from doing it at school. Definitely a lot lost in translation. It's definitely Germanic in its rhythm to me.

DLaurent

I should watch Hamilton's Pharmacopeia, directed for Vice I think by Errol Morris' son. I definitely enjoyed music more when I was stoned. I'm more stoic now I don't smoke. I don't really enjoy the feeling anymore, last time I got stoned was when I was fishing and a Carp angler came out of his bivvy to give me a massive bud in exchange for some tobacco. My whole world caved in and rod felt like jelly. DMT I think I remember never getting to burn hot enough, might be another drug I'm thinking about, it's years since I took drugs like that.

luka

me and my friend famous jim are writing back and forth and id just finsihed sending this actually

how you listened with that sceptical half-smile
in the back seat of the camper van, accepting
the spliff which never went out with a word of thanks,
inhaling oily schizophrenic smoke
till your own words sounded so unfamiliar
echoing in impossible acoustic space.
Looking down at a body
so arbitrary and awkward,
the way the sweat-shop fabric
folds and sags.
Tar on the lips and stifling
a cough

DLaurent

My mate Kayo Chingonyi is a poet, you might enjoy his stuff. He was always straight though, a lot of his poems are about African identity and peer pressure having moved to England.

sus

At the risk of stating the obvious, have you tried just rolling spliffs with around less 75% weed in them?
Fun fact THC is potentiated by tobacco, this spliff would have half the THC availability of a pure joint

sus

I heard on the news that there's new evidence that lungs can repair themselves better than previously thought when you quit smoking. Of course the longer and more heavily you smoke the longer it takes them to recover.

Dunno if this also applies to the harm it does to the heart and arteries.

riffing off Danny and Tea—There is zero difference in the rates of lung cancer between former pack-a-day smokers who quit in their early 30s, and folks who never touched a cigarette. Cell regeneration when you're young is pretty solid. It's middle aged smoking that kills you. Stay safe out there!

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
@suspended A joint with tobacco burns at a lower temperature than a cigarette. Tobacco is haram though. Strange European hangover

Any joint only 15% of the material is accessed, the rest just burns away. If you decarboxylate cannabis first you can double that (thc-a to thc), still huge waste. Nicotine, like caffeine, is said to potentiate cannabis but it’s a bit of a myth. If anything, nicotine will dominate the “experience“ and contribute to anxiety, especially if unfiltered

If you decarboxylate a batch you activate all the cannabinoids - cbd-a into cbd, cbg-a into cbg and delta 8 in increasing amounts too. The terpenes might lessen but eat just a quarter of a gram (no other infusion) and have a cosy 5-6 hours of steady Eddie. Easy on your mind and body, or if you fancy the third form option scoops loads of it up and enter the singularity.

The permastoned world is a phase most people here seem to have entered and escaped. Also means people see it as a teenage substance, yet for the occasional dalliance it works for me

sus

@suspended A joint with tobacco burns at a lower temperature than a cigarette. Tobacco is haram though. Strange European hangover

Any joint only 15% of the material is accessed, the rest just burns away. If you decarboxylate cannabis first you can double that (thc-a to thc), still huge waste. Nicotine, like caffeine, is said to potentiate cannabis but it’s a bit of a myth. If anything, nicotine will dominate the “experience“ and contribute to anxiety, especially if unfiltered

If you decarboxylate a batch you activate all the cannabinoids - cbd-a into cbd, cbg-a into cbg and delta 8 in increasing amounts too. The terpenes might lessen but eat just a quarter of a gram (no other infusion) and have a cosy 5-6 hours of steady Eddie. Easy on your mind and body, or if you fancy the third form option scoops loads of it up and enter the singularity.

The permastoned world is a phase most people here seem to have entered and escaped. Also means people see it as a teenage substance, yet for the occasional dalliance it works for me
Seems very possible! I'm just going off this study: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08958370802187296

Can definitely believe it's about burn, since other explanations don't make a ton of sense.

So, as a spliff lover who doesn't like tobacco, what's a guy to do? I'd way rather find some neutral herb that burns clean and puff out my spliffs. Thoughts?

Alternatively there are pipes and vapes but the former is a hassle to clean and smoke, and the latter sorta sucks as an experience IMO.

Mexican brickweed was great you could roll endless joints and stay just shallowly stoned. Like what @Corpsey said. All this genetically modified shit kinda fucking sucks, given that half the fun is the ritual (especially when done socially)

sus

I do like this idea of decarbing and eating. You just swish a small nug down with milk or what??

luka

smoking is lush. third of a benson gold half a gram of the most alien resinous luminous green sparkling genetic freak of anti-nature weed, lovely big spliff, puff away. i dont do that any more though those day are long gone.

Reactions: sus

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Seems very possible! I'm just going off this study: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08958370802187296

Can definitely believe it's about burn, since other explanations don't make a ton of sense.

So, as a spliff lover who doesn't like tobacco, what's a guy to do? I'd way rather find some neutral herb that burns clean and puff out my spliffs. Thoughts?

Alternatively there are pipes and vapes but the former is a hassle to clean and smoke, and the latter sorta sucks as an experience IMO.

Mexican brickweed was great you could roll endless joints and stay just shallowly stoned. Like what @Corpsey said. All this genetically modified shit kinda fucking sucks, given that half the fun is the ritual (especially when done socially)

Harm reduction innit. Avoiding tobacco is half the battle this side of the pond, different culture. Vaping, with a water filter, too many options. The volcano is a strong a delivery. You could blend cbd flower if you have to smoke, dilute. By cbd flower I mean Charlotte’s Web rather than hemp “tea”

I do like this idea of decarbing and eating. You just swish a small nug down with milk or what??

Yep. Lower the temperature so the activations click. A few portables out there now, easier than boil bags or ovens. Say you have a gram as an example, maybe a quarter of that (have to weigh it, by sight is never accurate), chew, swallow. No sugar or carbs crap, no infusion or cooking prep

smoking is lush. third of a benson gold half a gram of the most alien resinous luminous green sparkling genetic freak of anti-nature weed, lovely big spliff, puff away. i dont do that any more though those day are long gone.

Some old strains out there, you know what’s better for you more than anyone. The edible route every so often is much calmer, personally. Gave up booze stained sessions and tobacco at the same time, except every now and again I get the urge for a ciggy, it creeps up then passes

sus

I'm gonna look into cbd flower. Price is of course another factor (and why I don't have a volcano). Gonna give oven decarbing a try today see how it goes!

sus

Hundreds of dollars! I know you guys think I'm mr moneybags as a programmer but I only work 12 hours a week, shit is on a budget

sus

I could get a used crockpot at salvation army tho

Y'all are serious about your cannabis!