It's great when you're straight

luka

theres basically no difference between goldie lookign chain and 90% of the high focus roster

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
i've pretty much stopped buying herb but nevertheless it finds me every now and again
my thing is, i never ration it, so when i have it, i smoke it till it is gone - like all day every day
if i could just have two puffs every now and again, that would be perfect

i shroom on major holidays, so only once every few months
increasingly less, i admit

microdosing is where it is at
just a bit to make the edges a little sparkly
and a touch of the HD vision

luka

Microdosing is fine if you want to read a book or perhaps go to a gallery but it doesn't get you through the gate, just milling about in the courtyard, which can be frustrating. Depends what mood you're in.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I had an intense ket trip at a festival last year (semi accidentally) and the best thing about the whole experience was waking up sober the next day. The experience gave me an intense sense of gratitude for sanity. I wonder if that's why it functions as an antidepressant?

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
that's a big takeaway for me after an intenser than expected trip.
so happy that everything is back in its right place.

Reactions: sus

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-02/the-case-for-eating-weed-at-work

'With recreational marijuana now legal in eight states and the District of Columbia, users have gravitated to low-dose edibles, such as brownies and mints with THC content of less than 5 milligrams—low enough for a manageable high for first-time users. Often, companies market these products to first-time users or those with low tolerances. But weed sellers have found another use case for low-dose edibles: microdosing.

Microdosing refers to regularly taking small amounts of drugs—generally, hard-to-get and illegal psychoactive ones, such as LSD or psychedelic mushrooms—throughout the day to boost creativity. Taken in such small quantities, the drugs don't make users trip. Rather, people claim the drugs improve their concentration, problem-solving abilities, creativity, and productivity and reduce their anxiety.'

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm really into this idea. One toke = a microdose of sorts and that's usually enough to keep me happily hazy for a few hours, rather than incapable of leaving the house for fear of stranger danger.

luka

i read that recently too. i think the tendency is always for intake to take an upward trajectory over time regardless of good intentions. at least if youre like me anyway.

ive had two big booze and coke blowouts this year but otherwise keeping on the straight and narrow and feeling smug about it.

muser

I'm pretty sure drugs have made me more stupid, or rather, doing way too many in my teens probably had long-term affects. There was some study about permanently impaired cognition the guardian wrote an article about recently. Although I doubt it was randomized double-blind.. it's probably quite likely that stupid people do more drugs when they should be getting history degrees or whatever. Regardless now i'm in my 30's I feel it's definitely time to give it a rest, still not sure how people socialize effectively without drugs though? playing Uno? all seems a bit weird.

catalog

I've stopped on everything (alcohol, cigarettes, drugs) for about 7 months.
Gotta say I don't feel that much healthier.
Altho I have more leisure time now, so I'm getting into sport for the first time in what feels like years.
Main thing I've noticed is that I can save money.
I think that's the thing really - particularly the booze/fags thing, it just feels like a tax more than anything else.

I've stopped on everything (alcohol, cigarettes, drugs) for about 7 months.
Gotta say I don't feel that much healthier.
Altho I have more leisure time now, so I'm getting into sport for the first time in what feels like years.
Main thing I've noticed is that I can save money.
I think that's the thing really - particularly the booze/fags thing, it just feels like a tax more than anything else.

Try knocking carbohydrates on the head too. That makes a big difference to health, weight, stamina, appetite, concentration, life expectancy.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/09/26/nutritional-ketosis-benefits.aspx

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm really into this idea. One toke = a microdose of sorts and that's usually enough to keep me happily hazy for a few hours, rather than incapable of leaving the house for fear of stranger danger.

Call me crazy, but an occasional light dose of an opiate is a great way to get a steady buzz that's more like a general sense of ease and wellbeing (as opposed to an off-your-tits rush) and that leaves you compos mentis and functional. Of course you need to exercise self control so that the doses don't become un-light and un-occasional.

entertainment

Has anyone here (or do anyone here know anyone) that has successfully kept a moderate coke habit for a longer period of time? I enjoy taking it at clubs or bars primarily because it gets me into situations, conversations and brief romantic relationships that I wouldn't have unlocked otherwise. However an upswing the amount I intake over a longer period will always make me recklessly susceptible of fierce mood swings while on it. This sort of event is usually followed by a downswing in the cycle until the next time someone or something provokes the appetite.

These mood swings, although constantly looming above me, need some sort of concrete trigger, and the fucked up thing is that this role is almost always played by the changing of the song that's playing. So there I am, coked up, talking to some hot girl in great detail about the new glass-jar ficus bonsai tree i just got, that has its own eco-system, totally oblivious to the fact that in about ten seconds the v-neck t-shirt wearing dj will fade in 50 Cent's 'Candy Shop' and the only thing I'll be going home with is a fucking kebab.

• Love
Reactions: sus

luka

I do remember a few spots along the road where I've become absolutely tired of myself. And this is a big one. These moments have always been a huge generator for change. And I'm quite grateful for it. But me, personally, I can't remember a day since I got out of college when I wasn't boozing or had a spliff, or something. Something. And you realize that a lot of it is, um—cigarettes, you know, pacifiers. And I'm running from feelings. I'm really, really happy to be done with all of that. I mean I stopped everything except boozing when I started my family. But even this last year, you know—things I wasn't dealing with. I was boozing too much. It's just become a problem. And I'm really happy it's been half a year now, which is bittersweet, but I've got my feelings in my fingertips again. I think that's part of the human challenge: You either deny them all of your life or you answer them and evolve.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
That's an interesting line of thought. It's at the same time very simple, in the sense that it can be expressed clearly and concisely, and one of the most profound personal realisations there is.

I feel similarly, although not explicitly in terms of using physical substances (so maybe this is a bit of a thread derail). I've always kept myself away from those drugs that I know I would like too much, aside from ecstasy - I could handle that one just fine whilst really enjoying it. Alcohol I used to have issues with, but a health scare made me give up for three months (which I doubted I could achieve) and I never went back to boozing in the same way afterwards. I use patterns of behaviour, wasting time, in the same way - sometimes involving substances to dull unruly thought, sometimes not. I'm tired of yoking myself to the same old ways of avoiding difficult feelings - sometimes while at the same time deluding myself that I'm emotionally open, and that there aren't parts of me that I keep tightly locked away.

As you say, it's when you get tired and bored of yourself that change occurs. Doesn't really matter what anyone else urges you to do (although some people can have persuasive ways of phrasing the urge), it requires you to come to that point where you're a bit sick of yourself, and a bit sick of returning to making the same choices which don't really work.

Last edited: