I love memes

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
2k4y16.jpg

:crylarf:

O NOES! :eek:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Weird synchronicity thing. I hadn't seen the NPC meme before HMG posted it here the other day, but since then I've seen redpill-MAGA types using it in some public Facebook groups I'm in nearly every day.

entertainment

Has anyone else started to turn on memes? I used to be a big fan but now I'm sick of them. You can't make a joke that's not a meme anymore. And of course they've become interlaced with politics which is ubiquitous enough as it is on the internet.

Barty said something once about modern pop signifying emotion instead of evoking emotion or containing actual emotive substance and I think that that's what memes have become. Jokes that signify comedy but are detached from any real source of humor or fun.

sadmanbarty

memes are about the context you put them in. they provide and express a visual and visceral emotional potency in cyberspace; a realm otherwise devoid of these characteristics. communication relies on body language; yet communication technology is devoid of the body, so we simulate the body through memes (the majority of memes are people doing faces, sometimes animals). so posting a meme without any context

View attachment 187

two years before dematerialisation, luke nicked it from me

f2d99ff755c9a29db410502c7b36a9c3.jpeg

version

Barty said something once about modern pop signifying emotion instead of evoking emotion or containing actual emotive substance and I think that that's what memes have become. Jokes that signify comedy but are detached from any real source of humor or fun.

Saying "lol" instead of actually laughing.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i do that a lot actually but I feel like it's taken on a meaning of its own distinct from the meaning of a laugh

Yeah, it's a good way of expressing a dark, sardonic amusement at something that isn't 'laugh out loud' funny.

"You see Boris Johnson was photographed coming out of a meeting with the heads of several US medical insurance companies the day after saying the NHS wasn't on the table?"
"Yeah. Fucking lol."

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
"Jokes that signify comedy but are detached from any real source of humor or fun"\

Not disagreeing with this necessarily but what do you mean?

What's a "real" source of humour or fun?