Millenials.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was born in 85. I grew up without the internet, for the most part. I recorded stuff off the radio onto cassette. I reckon I'm just about pre-millenial.

I feel lucky to have known a life without the internet tbh. I was thinking of starting a thread on here along the lines of 'If you could make the internet disappear forever would you?'

Leo

I was born in 85. I grew up without the internet, for the most part. I recorded stuff off the radio onto cassette. I reckon I'm just about pre-millenial.

I feel lucky to have known a life without the internet tbh. I was thinking of starting a thread on here along the lines of 'If you could make the internet disappear forever would you?'

that's part of the reason record stores were so important back then (aside from the obvious lack of digital downloads in those days). we used to go to certain stores religiously, once a week if not more, got turned on to stuff being played in-store, got recommendations from people who worked there, chatted with fellow customers, picked up the latest fanzines...all the IRL things that were lost in the internet era.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind

Would you? I'd definitely bomb the internet to pieces if I'd had the possibility. It became a monster, Hitler would've loved it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Hard to say. There are many benefits to having it but it's more or less a thing to waste time and spend money on. There are discussions, but it's become clear that most people don't want their minds changed. We're addicted to our smartphones. Fake news. Tax avoidance. Behavioural manipulation. Destruction of attention spans. Surveillance...

It's a grim picture, for all the memes and podcasts and instant access to music and movies, etc.

firefinga

Would you? I'd definitely bomb the internet to pieces if I'd had the possibility. It became a monster,

I grew up with it, starting with phone modems at 28.8 Kbit speeds back in '95. It became a bit shit tho only after widespread usage of social media coupled with smartphones really.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

You reckon? I've seen definitions as broad as 'born in the 1980s'.

It needs to be turned off now and then at least. Regular Internet bank holidays.

I was born in 74 and remember dreams of having a book that contained anything you wanted to know, handed to me by the teacher from the bash Street kids. I was so disappointed when I woke up and it didn't exist. Now it does, and more. But it's fucking us up and leaving civilisation vulnerable.