AIN'T NOBODY VERSUS I FEEL FUR YOU

AIN'T NOBODY VERSUS I FEEL FUR YOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leo

toss up, too close to call.

oh ok, "ain't nobody", preferably frankie knuckles "hallucinogenic mix"

luka

This will all be explained tomorrow. But let's just say, Corpsey is correct.

Craner I told you not to skew the results! Fuark! Can't be trusted, and let's just say, Corpsey is wrong. Sorry Corp.

luka

'Ain't Nobody' - Video Clip From the 'Breakin' ' …:
Yeah thank you. I rest my case.

luka

I feel for you is too prince archness for chaka's blow the bloody doors off thing. aint nobody lets her tear in. she feels like a trapped animal inside i feel for you and that transfers itself to me as anxiety and discomfort.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Don't you like both songs?

I Feel For You just seems self-evidently one of the greatest pop songs ever to me. Funky as fuck, 80s as fuck, Stevie Wonder harmonica solo, 'Chaka-Chaka-Chaka Khan', that bit where she goes 'Woah-ah-woah-ah-woah-ah-ah-OHHHHHHHHHHH!' etc.

I think I've heard the Prince version and it wasn't a patch on the Khan version. I loved this tune long before I ever even LIKED Prince.

What are Khan's other big choons?

luka

sweet thing is maybe the next biggest one but im not in love with it. i like this one more. then theres im every woman.

CrowleyHead

Oooh, but "I Feel For You" is clearly Prince living out his Chaka fanaticism ON the original song, so there's something about Chaka playing an idea or mold of her as opposed to being herself.

Also Luka denying the opportunity for the 3 way dance is truly heartbreaking, but he knows "Clouds" would be a runaway winner.

luka

The thing about ain't nobody, in London if not countrywide, is that it's part of the landscape in a way no other chaka khan song is. That song was played every single hour of the day on both heart and magic fm. Which is how this debate started.

Heart and magic are, or at least were, in my day, the stations all builders listened to. So when I was working for builders I heard that song 8 times a day and it's the only one that didn't suffer for it. Everything else was marred to one degree or another, but ain't nobody always lifted my spirits. It's rousing. It's life affirming. Very few people in the UK would know clouds. Everyone would know ain't nobody.