AIN'T NOBODY VERSUS I FEEL FUR YOU

AIN'T NOBODY VERSUS I FEEL FUR YOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

craner

Beast of Burden
Whereas I Feel For You had a solid, and loved, presence in provincial discos and nightclubs for years and years, which is why everybody else loves it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
They're about different stages of the love journey aren't they?

I Feel For You is the heart-stopping excitement of falling in love. Ain't Nobody is about the steady joy of having somebody. ❌

luka

with one or two exceptions (manic monday) prince songs only work if performed by prince or prince impersonators. theyre too indelibly prince like

PiLhead

"Ain't Nobody" a thousand times.

"I Feel For You" is gimmicky and bitty - lots of good bits, admittedly. A period piece, though - trapped in its 80s moment. Charming for that reason, but...

"Nobody" is eternal.

This is a great Chaka deep cut

Last edited:

Leo

"Ain't Nobody" is a tremendous, tremendous song, the biggest selling song in years. Some people say biggest seller ever."

-- Donald Trump

john eden

male pale and stale
"I feel for you" purely because it had a massive impact on me when I heard it on the radio and saw the video as a 14 year old.

"Ain't Nobody" is simply a genius song with an amazing bassline. But there are quite a few of them. Also has a touch of the wedding disco about it now, which is no bad thing, but...

hint

party record with a siren
Ain't Nobody wins every time.

Feel For You contains the line "makes me wanna sing", which is an immediate disqualification. You're already singing about how much you like this person, Chaka.

Can you imagine a great poem that contains the line "makes me want to write a poem"?