AIN'T NOBODY VERSUS I FEEL FUR YOU

AIN'T NOBODY VERSUS I FEEL FUR YOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Grasping at straws!

However, bringing up the lyrics does show that Luka is onto something. The vocal part isn't all that important in Feel Fur You. It's the funky ass drums and bassline above everything else. And the synth blasts and the harmonica, and the silly 'chaka-chaka-chaka' stuff. That's where all the energy is, and Chaka is just the icing on top of the gigantic tottering wedding cake. So I'll concede that Ain't Nobody is a better SONG (you'd rather hear it on accoustic guitar, if a gun was to your head), but I Feel Fur You is the record I'd save from the incoming tide on my desert island.

droid

Has to be feel for you. It has the splintered, stuttery intro, the scratch cuts, all the ruff with the smooth - introduces a level of tension into the 80's synth funk perfection.

Leo

...the splintered, stuttery intro, the scratch cuts, all the ruff with the smooth - introduces a level of tension into the 80's synth funk perfection.

most of which makes it sound good but incredibly dated, unlike the timeless "ain't nobody".

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Timeless = Bland

The reason why Ain't Nobody has been embraced by a million drivetime deejays? Not my place to say.

CrowleyHead

To tip my hat to the enemy, I don't think you can piss on a guitar solo for "Ain't Nobody" when the Harmonica Solo on "Feel For You" is right there.

CrowleyHead

Yeah, I mean, the immediate bridge between both these songs is the misery that is the Tina Turner comeback. "What's Love Got To Do With It" is the soulless version of these two songs having a child.

craner

Beast of Burden
Ain't Nobody sounds like Randy Crawford.

I Feel Fur You sounds like a big box of misfiring rockets.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Well let's not ignore the fact that AIN'T NOBODY is written in capitals and 'I Feel Fur You' is in lower case with a typo preserved. (I'm talking of course about that 'FOR'. It's 'FUR' FURFUCKSSAKE)

sadmanbarty

The verses on ain't nobody are simmering with anticipation. They have a gravitas to them. The song has the weight of the world on it's shoulders. Humanity's destiny tightly gripped in it's palm. It's the music of mount olympus. It's the music of ra and oden and thor and brahma. It's the sound of the last stand. The march to victory. The struggle before salvation.

Fur You has a good harmonica bit.