percussion records

bruno

est malade
bumped into this ages ago, he seems to huge in russian (and lithuanian?) jazz/improv circles and has a daunting number of records, some of which are on youtube. a particularly good one (long free-form, electronic-sounding):

Last edited:

luka

pastry face or pasty face? the latter is truer, the former is a wonderful image

i don't hink anyone had pony-tails during the postpunk era, but otherwise your stereotype is pretty on the money

pastryface i made up and put in an early poem on heronbone.
seminarians. Cimmerians. aquariums.
pastry-faced.
corpulent woodpigeons. corpuscular rodents. rambunctious pheasant. ambitious geese. duplicitous lobster. virulent lettuce. sinuous nosebleed. crapulent fur.
corrosive valentine.
i felt sad when i found it, just a few days ago in a JH Prynne poem. (of sanguine fire)
Swift as a face rolled away like
pastry, turned up the stairwell oh
cough now room for two &
faced with bodily attachments:
evidence hovers like biotic soup, all
transposable, all like. The pastry
face takes the name Pie (crust folded
like wings over the angelic sub-
strate, all so like pasties they
hover again), is younger by a
specific aim.
coinicidently cimmerians also figure in a prynne poem (Aristeas, in seven years’)

luka

the tarasov is really great, particularly between about the 15 and 20 minute marks. the byrne is good too, specuially before the voice comes in. Bobby hutcherson gotcha=good. Also the varese and the laraaj is lovely. Fergus kelly is good fun. Stalker is tje my favourite film apart from the matrix and that's the best scene in it... Lino Capra Vaccina - Antico Adagio-LOVE THIS! curt cress-LOVE IT! bow gamelan GONZO ORIENTALISM LOVE IT

Last edited:

muser

proper zoned out to this when i first got locked in

I love sundanese gamelan a lot less frenetic than balinese but still sounds so different and off kilter

Last edited:

luka

Locked in is a the right phrase and the key to a lot of stuff. On the corner repelled me until one day headphones and high I got locked in (black satin, posted earlier here) and it was irresistible. Ditto with wii2 off dark magus where the drums were overpowering and did such strange things to time.

luka

streching it a bit but its one of my favourite songs and its got the nyahbinghi drumming