percussion records

bruno

est malade
i saw an exhibition of harry bertoia sculptures a few years back, they sound really cool in person. recordings don't capture the full depth of sound.
probably, but who has a bertoia sculpture at hand? the recordings are phenomenal on a good system.

PiLhead

percussion (metal bashing kind) and pyrotechnics!

i actually went to see this outdoor thing on the Thames near Kew

coming from the more Toop "invented instruments" / experimental-English end of things, than Test Dept / industrial-postpunk

PiLhead

Bow Gamelan Ensemble

longer version

it was... interesting. a thing they did the previous year at the ICA was much better, far more overwhelming at close quarters, whereas watching Offshore Rig from the opposite bank you were some distance from the action

the ICA thing one of the best "gigs" i've ever been to - pandemonium of invented instruments

PiLhead

dull chimes and distant moans - from David Toop and Max Eastley's NEW AND REDISCOVERED MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS

PiLhead

Baschet brothers instruments and sound sculptures look better than they sound, at least judging by the records I've heard - they try a little too hard to make proper music on them. (Probably that's the fault of the Lasrys though, being proper musicians). Some good moments in this video though.

bruno

est malade
toshi tsuchitori (free jazz drummer/improviser) put out several records based on ancient instruments improvised in secluded places at early/late hours. this is the pinnacle:

Last edited:

bruno

est malade
classic artwork!

mFyAdvI.jpg

bruno

est malade
add img in brackets before and after the url with a slash before the second img, that seems to work.