Miscellaneous Feminism Thread

entertainment

i can imagine you as a lonesome vagabond, stalking the aesthetic through the streets of London, camera around your neck, eyes scanning

luka

i really enjoyed it ive talked about the pros and cons of camera eye here before in a profound and original way its interesting isnt it. camera eye. the hunter.

entertainment

you know those people who are into art but would never stop and look at a funny tree or bird footsteps in new snow or cracks in the sidewalk, I don't buy that. for me, visual art is just a concentrated version of that, packaged for consumption.

luka

its a good way to re-engage with the visible world. if youve got a camera. it makes you look again when youve lost the habit of looking.

entertainment

its a good way to re-engage with the visible world. if youve got a camera. it makes you look again when youve lost the habit of looking.
it was what i was doing when i sent you those images that dissappeared or whatever. it was around midnight, no people on the street, snow gently swaying lit in streetlight beams. everything turned magical.

luka

its great when that happens and cprrespondingly nightmarish when the other thing has happened and the world goes grey and flat around you and looking itself seems completely redundant. its the same rubbish world that was here yesterday and the day before and the day before that and nothing ever changes

entertainment

its great when that happens and cprrespondingly nightmarish when the other thing has happened and the world goes grey and flat around you and looking itself seems completely redundant. its the same rubbish world that was here yesterday and the day before and the day before that and nothing ever changes
this touches upon something I feel very intensely at the moment: the way experiencing is filtered through modes or moods. planes that you move between, which determine how you resonate with things. what signals you pick up, what signals become scrambled.

how the world is constantly evoking something more than itself but you have to be in the right mode to see it. people walking around the same environments with fundamentally different experiences of it.

luka

yes thats one of the most interesting things to me. mood-lenses that amount, in my view, almost to fully formed and distinct personalities or selves

sus

The conviction rate for rape, is 58%. The conviction rate for reportable crimes of all types is 57%.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/mar/19/myths-about-rape-conviction-rates
Feminism clearly picks up the Marxist maneuver, which is [emphasize to disempowered groups all the ways they're disempowered in order to shake up & anneal (under a new equity regime) class relations]. The long-term gambit is that half-truths and exaggerations of disempowerment are an instrumental good to this re-annealing. But in a system that's shown itself anti-fragile to agitation (it'll adjust to your complaints, but never revolutionize itself beyond the minimum required), this gambit is no longer economical, it actually hurts the very groups it purports to work on behalf of, undermining the group's identitarian self-esteem, changing their perception of the world to something much more antagonistic (or apathetic) to their plights.

To get concrete: women thinking the conviction rate on rapes is 6% or 12%, when it's really 58%, or that they make $.72 on the dollar for the same exact job, or that 1 of 4 college women is sexually assaulted, does no favors to anyone except the revolutionary, who prays the stirred-up outrage and anger will come to a head. The disempowered groups are not being protected or advocated for by revolutionaries; they're being used. Their subjectively perceived conditions degrade as the statistics grow ever-grimmer, and with it tanks their sense of security and value—which allows them eventually to dehumanize other identitarian groups, a precondition for wheeling out the guillotines.