Eno's Ambient 4 'On Land' - Recommendations for Similar?

droid

Lizard Point

C6rudE_WYAAtlQd.jpg

Leeks Hills

C6runpWWwAImWMW.jpg

Lantern Marsh

C6rupeTWcAUjJZz.jpg

Dunwich beach

C6rurSCWkAAWIYE.jpg

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Too techno for this thread, probably, but perhaps as ambient as techno gets, and similarly landscape inspired to 'On Land'...

"Voigt cites his youthful LSD experiences in the Königsforst, a German forest situated near his hometown of Köln, as the inspiration behind his work under the name Gas.[1] He has claimed that the intention of the project is to "bring the forest to the disco, or vice-versa"."

Has anyone ever tried taking LSD in a forest? I would fear a freak-out.

droid

Why would you take it anywhere else!?!

In my youth my favourite thing was to head up to the local hills, forests and golf course to go tripping. Dont have the time and space to go into it now, but there is nothing else like it. Still do it once a year with less intense stimulation.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'd be worried about encountering sober people. Also I find forests can be quite spooky places, although obviously not in the middle of the day.

Maybe I'll try and do that this year then.

droid

Oh you have to go at night, and you need a crew.

Cant recommend it highly enough. Literally the best thing ever. People who take drugs indoors are insane.

F7J1Wx5.jpg

VdrBvr3.jpg

TfdCwZL.jpg

FRJ7XSp.jpg

3otQyev.jpg

GBMlzoX.jpg

Bf6atef.jpg

sufi

lala
since we strayed fairly far off topic

i just love that if you hear this on the radio ...

... you better turn on the telly, cos the queen's dead!
(or some other national "tragedy" has occurred and it's time for some inoffensive filler sounds, whoda thought ibiza ambient is actually good for something after all)

droid

Yeah, bizarre choice too.

But, I was just about to mention how similar my holiday pics are to the real life 'on land' locations, so perhaps we were closer to the topic than ever. :poop:

klks2000

Tiim Hecker Harmony In Ultraviolet

I don't believe this was mentioned...."Chimeras" takes you to another world of your introverted self. It definitely follows the path of resignation to capitalism.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Great thread corpsey!

Journey home from Bristol I popped on 'On Land' - it's a really singular album that can be just as spellbinding and fitting on a perfect summer's day as on a horrible drizzly one.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I need to listen to everything in this thread. I like the very random post from the guy who's now disappeared recommending Lustmord etc. Dropping in just to be arcanely obscure is classic Dissensus.

droid

Eno I like more than James but there's definitely a point where you want to tell Eno fans "you know he's absolutely full of shit?" 'Neroli' is good though.

Shocked I didn't pick up on Crowley giving love to literally the worst Eno album.