Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tunes that Spawned a Thousand Imitators

Spekig of I Feel Love - the most blatant rip-off might be this one... Though I have bollywood version which is runs it pretty close.
    Last edited by IdleRich; 17-03-2017 at 05:28 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IdleRich For This Useful Post:

If we allow bollywood there are quite few - do you reckon these guys had possibly heard Rock-It?

The Immigrant Song groove makes me think of this tune from last year, too, but perhaps a bit of a reach.

No comment

Resulted in gazillions of imitations, known as "Eurodance" on the continent. Defined the European charts (to be exact, the German charts) well into the late 90s. The recipe: keep it in the 115-130 BPM range, use some vocal samples from 60s/70s soul records (female singers), a mandatory Rap part (funnily enough often done by some black exGI hobby rapper stationed in Germany. I guess it was mainly done to give the whole thing some "street cred"), add somewhat cheesy synth melodies/strings.

Germany's charts were full of that stuff well into the late 1990s when it was being eclipsed by those drawing board boy- (and girl) bands and Puff Daddy style cheese-rap.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to firefinga For This Useful Post:

Dear lovley miss Cher - thanx a bunch for bringing Autotune in the game

Possibly not the first electro track but certainly the one that got the ball going