I Hate The Film Canon: A Thread

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
good init

The heist soars, slight weirdo head copper for friction, even the train section where GMV escapes. Zero fat/filler too

Quiet, weighted, audacious robbery section, delicious. Don’t think Melville cracked a finale, kind of forgivable not wanting it to end

forclosure

The heist soars, slight weirdo head copper for friction, even the train section where GMV escapes. Zero fat/filler too

Quiet, weighted, audacious robbery section, delicious. Don’t think Melville cracked a finale, kind of forgivable not wanting it to end
excuse me?? what about the ending of Army of Shadows?

luka

Terminator 2 is embarrassing for all concerned.
i rewatched 1 and 2 recently and 1 is a proper film, whereas two i surpised how hokey it was i guess as kids we were just blown away by the nifty special effects

craner

Beast of Burden
so what nobody got anything harsh to say about Powell & Pressburger? i was gonna ask about Jean Pierre Melville but i suppose craner's blanket covering of "the french" does that.

no Bunuel haters?

Surprised nobodies tried to get at the Italians

What’s your issue with Powell & Pressburger and the Italians?

craner

Beast of Burden
it's also one of those american films that has an obnoxious little brat that needs a good spanking as a hero. reprehensible.

It was the template for The Phantom Menace. I noticed that Industrial Light & Magic were on the opening credits.

luka

That’s the thing, the cinematography isn’t that good. Nowhere near Vittorio Storaro levels.
i dont believe cinematography exists. its a made up word for pseuds. i was just taking the piss. it does have some good scenes in it thoguh im sure. i like when sarah connor is doing chin ups in the asylum