I Hate The Film Canon: A Thread

CrowleyHead

Get it out folks. Get those bad opinions you've had about filmmakers all your mates really cherish out with glee and relief.

I'll start.

If someone were to set David Lynch or John Carpenter on fire, I'd be immensely happy. I want nothing more than to be free of everyone's obsession with insisting a Surrealist with an obsession for proving that the old man who works in the soda shoppe jerks it to bestiality. I also want to stop being told a man is the voice of rebellion against dystopia because he makes shitty sci-fi and can badly play a synthesizer in a minor key.

Let's get it started.

luka

Youve made a thread just for craner and his terrible opinions. That was charitable. You're a nice Boy crowleyhead

craner

Beast of Burden
This is the work of cretins, and Godard is the most cretinous of them all...
Guy Debord

Leo

if i lived alone on a remote island with access to david lynch films but no access to the media, i'd probably think highly of him. but i don't live under those circumstances, and while my dislike isn't as strong as crowley's, i do lean in that direction. although i have to admit "blue velvet", "mulholland drive", the first season of "twin peaks" and even "eraserhead" are pretty good, if considered in a bubble apart from the fanboys.

firefinga

Fuck off, Coen brothers.... do something worthwile with your life and become car salesmen or something.....

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm boring when it comes to canonical artists, I tend to think they deserve it. Even when I don't like them that much I assume I'm just not getting something that other people are.

craner

Beast of Burden
My whole life seems to be telling people why films they think are shit are actually great.

luka

Dont get him started. You can just read the eurotrash film thread. Itll be easier