Cafe oto vs pizza express jazz club

luka

I just took the world's leading Finnegans wake scholar fed him acid and took him cafe oto for free jazz

luka

noticed in the new wire dj ben ufo of dissensus fame talks about how badly cafe oto needs people to take class a drugs there which i have actually been pioneering this year. it's a real step foward. it suddenly stops being boring and irritating there.

sufi

lala
Mind bogglingly, Peter Kent of 4AD (non-)fame ran Pizza Express Bristol

After travelling to the US with Bauhaus, Kent wanted 4AD to license two singles from Chicago's Wax Trax! label, including the punk-trashy Born to be Cheap by Divine. When Watts-Russell resisted, "I realised we had a different idea of where 4AD was heading," Kent says. "I wanted us to be more eclectic and interesting, to keep things moving around. So I left."

Beggars Banquet funded Kent's new label, Situation 2, but Kent became frustrated by Martin Mills' "miserly" ways and moved on again, managing rising Scots duo the Associates before the onset of MS. "My doctor said I needed to leave the record business. Too much stress, too many drugs."

Kent went on to run a health food restaurant in Spain and then a health club in London and a branch of Pizza Express in Bristol.
I used to eat there regularly

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Anyone performing their connoisseurship at the Astral Social Club / Grumbling Fur thing tonight? Or are you all off at PEJC checking out Alex Hitchock's "contemporary post-Coltrane tenor"?

luka

Me and woebot went Oto the other day to hear some jazz. The wombat got a bit rowdy and they kicked him out eventually but up until then it was a nice night. We're going again in September. Hopefully they've forgotten his face by then. He poured a pint down a performers tuba. They almost drowned. It was hilarious

luka

Han Bennick is going to be there and when I mentioned this to Barty he told me that at the age of 14 he had actually played with Bennick and according to him after the show Bennick turned around and said you already know more than I do.

mvuent

Void Dweller
that’s crazy, I think I was at that gig! I didn’t know Barty obviously. but when I went to see Bennink about a decade ago I remember noticing that he kept glancing at another, much younger musician on stage, with an increasingly flustered expression creeping onto his face. sweat pouring down his brow. then suddenly he’d just laugh and shake his head.

mvuent

Void Dweller
“He plays alright for a millionaire.” - Cecil Taylor on Barty

“Now that’s funny; until I heard that I didn’t think he had a sense of humor” - Barty on Cecil Taylor