bandz ahoy
It comes out of the corner like a beast:

1. "Rock DJ" Robbie Williams 4:16
2. "Lady (Hear Me Tonight)" Modjo 3:41
3. "Life Is a Rollercoaster" Ronan Keating

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've never been more uninterested in my own taste than I am ATM

This will probably pass quickly and soon I'll be doing top 100s for every genre and decade

CrowleyHead

go on then corpse come on then crow

Tragically my problem is I should work on school rather than this as much as I'd love to. Plus Dissensus has had a hideous habit of eating a lot of my posts this week b/c I tried one initial post and it got lost to the ether.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
well im the same actually. sick of it. actively been trying to escape from it.

what I've been enjoying lately is handing over the keys to other people, so to speak

a mate of mine made me a 10 track playlist on spotify. I didn't enjoy all of it but I enjoyed most of it, and would never have listened to most of those tracks independently.

just now I turned on NTS and there's some guy playing synthy stuff - again, not stuff i'd seek out myself. i don't like all of it but...

anyway you get the picture

luka

i never listen to NTS. I've got this idea of it as a simulacrum of radio. a highly sophisticated synthetic mimicry of radio. probably partly to do with the digital signal and partly to do with it being made specifically for me. that is to say targeted at 'my demographic' I won't ever risk listening to it in case i like it.

luka

corpsey just copy out 100 brilliant songs from the top of your itunes like i did.

CrowleyHead

i never listen to NTS. I've got this idea of it as a simulacrum of radio. a highly sophisticated synthetic mimicry of radio. probably partly to do with the digital signal and partly to do with it being made specifically for me. that is to say targeted at 'my demographic' I won't ever risk listening to it in case i like it.

I listen to the occasional show I download when its a label/DJ or whatever I like but in particular NTS suffers from knowing taste too well. There's no error, they're going with things that have been properly curated and field tested over time. There's little to no evidence of poor judgement by people eager to force their own taste.

Also there's nothing BLATANTLY embarrassing. When NTS has their equivalent of whatever trash rock BBC puts on to appeal to 17 year olds from *reads notecard of proper UK references so I can talk down to dissensians* the midlands in a block, THEN they'll be truly trustworthy.

luka

NTS suffers from knowing taste too well. There's no error, they're going with things that have been properly curated and field tested over time.

definitely get this feeling exactly