Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Youtube comments

"I've got this song associated with one summer morning.. Walking home from a party, 5am.. Down by the river, seeing the sun rise, coming down from weed and becoming slightly hangover.. This is just so nostalgicaly throwing me back to the days, where everything was fine.. my life is a joke now, I'm just thankful for music like this, keeping me alive just by throwing me back in time"

"my life is a joke now"

perfect!

7 minutes into this masterpiece, headphones elevating me higher, transcending this mortal plane....then, at exactly 6:11 into this....as if part of my trip, I watch my sister's dog slowly walk in front of my TV, stop, circle as if in slow motion, squat, look me dead in the eye, shake a little, then he pinched off a Cleveland Steamer on the carpet.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droid For This Useful Post:

Mosiahs 8 months ago

People recite this song like it was a national anthem.

I remember the first time I heard this song. It was at my friend, Tim's apartment. Tim was one of the most prescient music listeners I ever met: he was always ahead of the curve, always listening to "popular" or critically successful music before it was both or either. In the late '90s, he DJ'ed on Madison, Wisconsin's listener-supported WORT as the Reverend Half Note into the wee hours, playing lounge music, which he'd listened to for years before it started cresting the popular wave. Anyway, the first time I heard "My Little Underground," I hated it. "What the fuck's with all the feedback?!" I couldn't see any purpose, but took a taped copy of the album at Tim's insistence. On the road, driving back to Lake G. at the bottom of the state, I found myself humming and trying to remember a sweet little ditty I'd heard somewhere. Recognition was painfully just beyond my reach and I struggled for miles to remember where I'd heard the song. Then it hit me. I popped in the tape Tim gave me to play the first song of side two, "My Little Underground," shaking my head in disbelief. Where I'd heard nothing but walls of indiscernible feedback, Tim listened through to a simple, catchy ballad buried beneath that wall of sound -- the same ditty I now hummed driving home. Tim died in 2000 of ALS. I will always remember him for his amazing musical taste. Together, we saw Jesus and Mary Chain in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I can't remember if it was 1990 or 1994, Eagles Club/Rave or Club Voltaire. I do remember they were playing Ted Nugent's Cat Scratch Fever between opening act and lead act. Tim told me he was curious to see if the Chain would show up: apparently, the band members were notorious for shooting heroin before shows and either forgetting or neglecting to go on stage. (In one such instance, the band remained in the prep room below the stage listening to angry British fans rip the stage to pieces, afraid to leave for fear of injury or loss of buzz.) We stood about 15 rows back. I asked Tim why he didn't want to move closer. "Wait," he said. "You'll see." As soon as the band appeared on stage and played their first few chords, the first five rows went absolutely fucking nuts, rushing the stage, tossing each other into the crowd, stage diving, fighting. A constant stream of bloody-nosed security guards dragged blood-smeared punks through the crowd to ejection, pounding their faces through the ouster. The melee went on throughout several songs. All the while, the band played stiff as mannequins, moving only to step back occasionally to avoid the beatings taking place on stage. To date, I have not seen a show as wildly dissociative as that: a petrified band playing to a hand-to-hand skirmish.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

King Kyng
    King Kyng
    3 years ago (edited)
    I have the best sex to this song or should I say my performance at top notch "slow grinding with hard pumps is my style". I even stop in the middle just to hit replay 
    mediahater
    mediahater
    3 years ago
    you da king we all proud of you son ... lmao
    Last edited by luka; 16-05-2018 at 10:40 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Post the song that's the protocol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Derrick
    Derrick
    1 year ago
    dam this hit home i did my baby wrong by not loving her as a real king should love his queen . i done my wrong and been stuck in selfish ways and im now that she about to leave my soul is crying for her to turn around and give me one last chance to prove my love and loyalty to her . i want to be her last and i been begging her please. if i have to die and come back as that better man thats what i will do. i dont wanna hurt michelle wade anymore with ignorant way of thinking and negative actions.

Kawanna McCarrell
    3 years ago
    If only men Really felt like this. This song touches my heart! I'm here if you need me Tank!

Ty Stevens
    Ty Stevens
    2 years ago
    I just did some shit.....and know she. ain't coming back

youtubingid
    youtubingid
    5 years ago
    A man IS supposed to cry & a real woman knows how to create a safe environment for him to feel secure enough to release his true feelings

FONKAM CHARLES
    FONKAM CHARLES
    5 years ago
    Only real men do express their feelings rightly in words and actions bro. u inspire me

Lydia C
    Lydia C
    6 years ago
    @cr125vskx125 you really need to prove it to her cah she's probably really insecure.. if it means so much to her either delete your account OR write a page of why you love her.. full detail. OR do her a little evening of this type of music and just talk to her.. heart-felt (thats the best one) OR write a few statuses on facebook jus declaring your love for her so she knows you're the only one you're on and about 

"slow grinding with hard pumps is my style".

vIMONST3RIv
    vIMONST3RIv
    3 years ago (edited)
    makes me wanna have some banter with the lads

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

luke james
    1 year ago
    this songs always reminds me at my local pub back in 97, when I drank my mates pint by accident and it was loaded with speed and I was off my fcking rocker and enjoyed every bit of the day and night til the come down errrrrrrrrrrr. I was 15 or 16 at the time....great times with people who are not with us anymore

You Wish You Was Albanian
    8 months ago
    31 dislikes = Serbs

Muney Jordan is a pro
    Muney Jordan is a pro
    3 years ago
    Sometimes when I hear mid 2000's rap songs I think "who the hell produced that beat? it sounds so dull." like really mid 2000 mustve been the worst days to listen to hip hop.
    taecamperva
    taecamperva
    2 years ago
    +Muney Jordan is a pro this era from 2005-2008 was an DVD tough guy form of rap from the east coast, it was very successful and made you want to know more about the rappers street life.....Strictly underground hype

albatross8888
    albatross8888
    4 years ago
    I can't put into words what this album did for my LIFE!