Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst Post-Peak Declines/ Falls From Greatness

Diplo, however I was never much of a fan and I dont't think he was "great" really, but I noticed the guy in the mid2000s as a dj/producer searching for interesting stuff in other places, like Baile Funk and such. Then, a couple years later the guy reappears as a prime mover in the aural terror movement "EDM"

The Stranglers past mid80s.

Gary Newman
    Last edited by firefinga; 25-03-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by firefinga View Post
    The Stranglers past mid80s.
    The Stranglers, like America, were never Great

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    If you dont like 94 Dillinja, you dont like jungle.
    Just seen some of the prices his '94 12"s go for on Discogs. Shit! I have two of them...shame they're actually quite good...

Is it plausible someone will put out a comp of his early '93-'95 stuff? As I'm sure there's great stuff there I've never heard (and probably won't, at 100+ a pop).

It would be great, and probably more likely now than ever, but cant see it happening.

Deep Jungle have put out two 12"s of unreleased dillinja tunes actually, first one was an OK apache workout, second one fairly ho hum.

Some juicy stuff in Craner's last few deleted posts.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Just seen some of the prices his '94 12"s go for on Discogs. Shit! I have two of them...shame they're actually quite good...

Is it plausible someone will put out a comp of his early '93-'95 stuff? As I'm sure there's great stuff there I've never heard (and probably won't, at 100+ a pop).
    According to the discogs entry to this EP, Dillinja was involved in this late '93 track. I stumbled across this only recently via some tracklist, apparently this track wasn't cained by the usual suspects back at the time. However, I think it's marvellous:

skanna.