Worst Post-Peak Declines/ Falls From Greatness

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
truer words were never spoken

For quality, consistency, and innovation Dillinja's 94 has to go up there as one of the all-time great years by any producer ever

Deadly Deep Subs, Deep Love, You Don't Know, Sovereign Melody, Lion Heart, I Selassie I, the best ever mix of Johnny

His 95 is almost as good. The Angels Fell 12" (probably the single best Metalheadz record), Muthafucka/Sky, Massive, his mindbending Kym Mazelle remix.

Plus his engineering work for other people...

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
DJ Hype.

tigers in space/the scientist exorcist to eponymous (the chopper is pinnacle of darkside) to dopestyle all unfuckwithable. golden era hype is maybe even better than Dillinja.

And then, playaz. music for beer boys at fabric.

Last edited:

droid

DJ Hype.

tigers in space/the scientist exorcist to eponymous (the chopper is pinnacle of darkside) to dopestyle all unfuckwithable. golden era hype is maybe even better than Dillinja.

And then, playaz. music for beer boys at fabric.

The chopper & the trooper are probably the two best hardcore tunes on subbase. The first 8 or so Ganja are unimpeachable, as much for the sensibility of the label as Hype's own productions. Then there's rolldabeats and his mixes of touch my toes, RIP and Ganjaman,

Not sure Id hold him solely responsible for Playaz. Zinc needs to take some blame there.

luka

hype is on a different planet to dilinja. diinja a bit boring. hype is the the best.

firefinga

Diplo, however I was never much of a fan and I dont't think he was "great" really, but I noticed the guy in the mid2000s as a dj/producer searching for interesting stuff in other places, like Baile Funk and such. Then, a couple years later the guy reappears as a prime mover in the aural terror movement "EDM"

martin

----
If you dont like 94 Dillinja, you dont like jungle.

Just seen some of the prices his '94 12"s go for on Discogs. Shit! I have two of them...shame they're actually quite good...

Is it plausible someone will put out a comp of his early '93-'95 stuff? As I'm sure there's great stuff there I've never heard (and probably won't, at £100+ a pop).

droid

It would be great, and probably more likely now than ever, but cant see it happening.

Deep Jungle have put out two 12"s of unreleased dillinja tunes actually, first one was an OK apache workout, second one fairly ho hum.

firefinga

Just seen some of the prices his '94 12"s go for on Discogs. Shit! I have two of them...shame they're actually quite good...

Is it plausible someone will put out a comp of his early '93-'95 stuff? As I'm sure there's great stuff there I've never heard (and probably won't, at £100+ a pop).

According to the discogs entry to this EP, Dillinja was involved in this late '93 track. I stumbled across this only recently via some tracklist, apparently this track wasn't cained by the usual suspects back at the time. However, I think it's marvellous: