Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avant Garde Music

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    ya that is a very sick record especially Wave Song

mentioned this upthread, tar + setar (Persian stringed instruments) + electronics, very good, really blends acoustic/electronic seamlessly in a good way

cool repurposing of Reich/Riley's non-Western influences back into Western non-Western context

2. The Following User Says Thank You to padraig (u.s.) For This Useful Post:

see also one of my favorite obscure krautrock bits

Iranian dude getting the fuck down on santur + percussion over early Tangerine Dream style massive droning analogue electronics

am listening to hecker Sun Pandämonium right now.

i love this alien insect sounding computer DSP/patch stuff.

in my alternate universe this stuff finds its way into rnb, the otherworldly highs of Stocha Acid Zlook with the sheen of the beats. full metal android soul music.

will check that baba yaga record out - it's really hard to find decent middle eastern early electronics once you've gone past alireza mashayekhi, ilhan mimaroglu, arel halim el dab etc.

Actually what I'd like to hear is more electronics based on turkish/iranian/arab maqam mashayekhi is the only dude who really went there. and gökçen kaynatan did some psychedelic electronic bits, i posted one of his bits in the choon of the day thread.

will check that bjork playlist now...

isn't arca basically idm for 2010s generation tbf.

Not that i have an issue with that but being a bit of an autechre fanboy i need to go beyond personally.

Quote Originally Posted by padraig (u.s.) View Post

see also one of my favorite obscure krautrock bits

Iranian dude getting the fuck down on santur + percussion over early Tangerine Dream style massive droning analogue electronics
    this, Sir, is the shit!

on a bit of a ryoji ikeda kick atm. some of 'is stuff sounds like geometric pure data music (supercodex and dataplex.) perfectly modern.

+/- is closer to pulsing minimal glitchdance.

Either way, not an artist i listen to often but when the urge hits it really hits. for fans of alva noto.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    +/- is closer to pulsing minimal glitchdance.
    i saw him perform that live at sonar back in '99, a totally different experience when heard really loud. every pulse felt like i was getting punched in the chest. the album sounds pristine and clinical when heard at home. heard live, it was fucking punishing. in a good way.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post: