Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: The hip hop never ever ever stops thread

ffs people here love baseball, where nothing ever happens. tho tbf yall have an even more boring, interminably longer version of your own.

I'll throw down a challenge tho to you or anyone - post any good rap song that anyone has ever made about soccer

i was obsessed with basketball. i played every day. i loved it. but i could never watch it. bored me sily.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    rap seems to be like reggae. not replicable outside the laboratory conditions it was forged in.
    that seems accurate

this is in some werid foreign language so not totally sure its about football tbh but hes wearing a paris st germain shirt

theres also the famous 'john barnes rap'

i was obsessed with basketball. i played every day. i loved it. but i could never watch it. bored me sily.
    ya like I said I think sports taste is more dependent on where you grew up than music or cuisine or whatever

tho I grew up playing Little League for many years and baseball bores me to tears so who knows

these days I'm mostly into professional cycling which tbf inspired at least one awesome electro track

ya alrite that's pretty cool

soccer players rapping doesn't count tho. there is a long, rich tradition of basketball players making (almost uniformly) terrible rap.

Quote Originally Posted by padraig (u.s.) View Post
    ya like I said I think sports taste is more dependent on where you grew up than music or cuisine or whatever

tho I grew up playing Little League for many years and baseball bores me to tears so who knows

these days I'm mostly into professional cycling which tbf inspired at least one awesome electro track
    australia is interesting cos its split geographically into two sports regions. nsw and queensland are league the rest is afl. very tribal and the line is almost never crossed.

that is hilarious tho

are there good rap songs about basketball?

i can only think of 'he got game' by the neo-conservative industrialists and 'hit em high' from the space jam soundtrack

the john barnes rap

name a rapper who hasnt used a variation on the 'kicking balls like pele' line

BUT don't ever make the mistake of thinking yall can compete with terrible (in this case terrible/awesome) American sports rap

Quote Originally Posted by CORP$EY View Post
    are there good rap songs about basketball?

i can only think of 'he got game' by the neo-conservative industrialists and 'hit em high' from the space jam soundtrack
    i remmeber peter gunn here explaining to me what the jim jones lyric "Watching Rondo vs Miami he just made a pass. " meant