CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
offtopic but I'm enjoying some of this Kendrick Lamar curated Black Panther soundtrack, esp the SOBXRBE track

can't wait for the movie

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
rural areas breed bigger boys

ya. probably more farmboys in the pre-agribusiness era but that's still true. I'm talking about Miami + post-industrial Texas tho.

actually you wanna talk rap/sports Luke Skyywalker #1 booster of those legendary 80s/90s Miami Hurricanes is one of the richest veins of all.

just one of the many, many reasons why Miami is one of the greatest/most underrated cities on Earth.

padraig (u.s.)

I remember watching one of those Origin vids too. nothing but respect rugby (or Australian rules, whatever) players but ya not for me.

big fan of the weirdness of Australian culture tho. idk about rap, or dance music, but lotta great guitar bands for sure.

luka

nothing but respect rugby (or Australian rules, whatever) players but ya not for me.

you still get a particular brand of machismo there that has been bred out of us and uk sport.

padraig (u.s.)

ya that makes sense. something something, cultural inferiority, thumbing it at effete Englishmen, something something, bogans, idk.

hockey has a bit of a similar thing here, as well as definitely NASCAR.

not surprised by the lack of black (Aboriginal music aside) music, there's no significant population of African descent.

luka

ya that makes sense. something something, cultural inferiority, thumbing it at effete Englishmen, something something, bogans, idk.

hockey has a bit of a similar thing here, as well as definitely NASCAR.

not surprised by the lack of black (Aboriginal music aside) music, there's no significant population of African descent.

the same is true of new zealand and they have a massive love affair with reggae.

luka

it's changing though, both countries have growing african immigrant populations. particularly the sudanese in aus.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
just to point out we're missing a trick here by not calling them

europinions

rather than euro opinions

thnx

sadmanbarty

rap-with-intersting-drums part 2

the off beat ride accents enhance the snare pattern

that weird clattering sound jarringly intruding on the otherwise very run of the mill drums is fantastic

jungle withou ghost notes

luka

inward facing music. the creating of or mapping of internal landscapes and wandering around in them stuperfied with wonder. disassociation.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
inward facing music. the creating of or mapping of internal landscapes and wandering around in them stuperfied with wonder. disassociation.

i sense the mother of all crowley essay posts in the post and frankly i'm looking forward to it

often have found keef's production more interesting than his rapping but crowley has sternly (and rightly) rebuked me for not listening properly and being lazy about labeling him

luka

he's great. i like david drake too. he pays attention so hes right more often that not and its better to be right than to be clever.

more like ohzeitgeist am i right

― Listen to my homeboy Fantano (D-40), Tuesday, 6 February 2018 21:02 (one week ago) Permalink

hardly ever

― Chocolate-covered gummy bears? Not ruling those lil' guys out. (ulysses), Tuesday, 6 February 2018 23:10 (one week ago) Permalink

creek boyz playing NY behind Young MA on March 30

― Chocolate-covered gummy bears? Not ruling those lil' guys out. (ulysses), Tuesday, 6 February 2018 23:20 (one week ago) Permalink

hardly ever

― Chocolate-covered gummy bears? Not ruling those lil' guys out. (ulysses), Tuesday, February 6, 2018 5:10 PM (thirty-five minutes ago) Bookmark Flag Post Permalink

lol you are such a butthurt baby

― Listen to my homeboy Fantano (D-40), Tuesday, 6 February 2018 23:46 (one week ago) Permalink

forks baby
butthurt baby

― Listen to my homeboy Fantano (D-40), Tuesday, 6 February 2018 23:47 (one week ago) Permalink

take it outside

― hoooyaaargh it's me satan (voodoo chili), Tuesday, 6 February 2018 23:58 (one week ago) Permalink

that lil venomous shitheel doesn't want to go outside sadly

― Chocolate-covered gummy bears? Not ruling those lil' guys out. (ulysses), Wednesday, 7 February 2018 00:01 (six days ago) Permalink

im contributing to the thread & your getting wrapped up in being mad at me just chill

― Listen to my homeboy Fantano (D-40), Wednesday, 7 February 2018 00:12 (six days ago) Permalink

i'm contributing to the thread & you're wrapped up in barking back, seriously: don't fucking talk to or at me and we'll be fine.

― Chocolate-covered gummy bears? Not ruling those lil' guys out. (ulysses), Wednesday, 7 February 2018 00:16 (six days ago) Permalink

Lol you’re the one that started this you child, maybe take your own advice and I’ll happily go back to ignoring you

― Listen to my homeboy Fantano (D-40), Wednesday, 7 February 2018 02:41 (six days ago) Permalink

guys chill I can promise you I will never start the rolling rap thread or name it again, you can take that to the bank

― It's not delivery, it's Adorno! (upper mississippi sh@kedown), Wednesday, 7 February 2018 03:52 (six days ago) Permalink

Good dn

― Listen to my homeboy Fantano (D-40), Wednesday, 7 February 2018 04:05 (six days ago) Permalink

deej, i know you like to think that because there's a significant portion of this board that likes to treat you with kid gloves because you've clearly got your own social and mental issues that you have the right to be a flaming asshole without repercussion but seriously: i didn't grow up on the internet and i'm starting to genuinely take this shit personally, so don't fucking talk to or at me.

― Chocolate-covered gummy bears? Not ruling those lil' guys out. (ulysses), Wednesday, 7 February 2018 04:22 (six days ago) Permalink

i hesitate to get involved in any way in this feud, or take the side of anyone using 'butthurt' in 2018, but i don't see how you can seriously demand someone never speak to you 5 hours after posting a snide comment aimed at that person.

i also loled at ums's dn.

― JoeStork, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 05:50 (six days ago) Permalink

The fbg duck is king to be big, i think.

― human and working on getting beer (longneck), Wednesday, 7 February 2018 07:48 (six days ago) Permalink

i wanna apologize to all in thread and on board for macho bloviating upthread last night; i spent a good part of the day at the dentist yesterday getting my teeth drilled and my pain meds wore off right around the time I started posting in here. mea culpa; i've taken steps to make sure I don't lose my patience like that in the future.

― Chocolate-covered gummy bears? Not ruling those lil' guys out. (ulysses), Wednesday, 7 February 2018 22:23 (six days ago) Permalink