CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting

Curren$y feat. Fiend - Blood, Sweat and Gears

Ahh what a mixtape

Glad the days are long gone when I would routinely write 4,000 words to try and explain why I liked Curren$y's music despite him being one of the least exciting rappers in the world

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
I feel like Method Man and Redman have both aged well actually, at least based off that recent Wu Tang album

This is a favourite Redman of mine:

Green Island

luka

yeah theyre evergreen. meth sounded great reading off his phone in that freestyle with black thought recently.

sadmanbarty

the wu rappers all eventually succumbed to being serviceable, but without any pizzazz (maybe all rappers do). i'd actually say meth might've been the first to do so, at least relative to the heights he reached initially. by wu tang forever, maybe even a bit before. ghostface held out for longest.

luka

the group dynamics went kaput. i think that's a large part of it. they'd already acheived what they set out to acheive and a directionlessness sets in.

luka

ghost ramps up the emotiveness you find on impossible for instance, to the point at which it becomes caricature which im not sure is an unalloyed good, although at least it's a development.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
We'll get the inside story from Crowley soon enough

I've noticed this word 'pizzazz' pop up on here a few times this week. Something in the air?

;)