sadmanbarty

He's compelled to ignore all requests for attention. Every time I ask for his attention he ignores me. Listen to this radio show I just done corpse. Nah mate, wanking. Read this massive essay I just wrote distilling all my wisdom, nah mate, wanking. Read this 40 page poem I just poured my heart and soul into its my magnum opus, nah sorry mate having a wank. It's just the way of corpse. Craner is exactly the same. coquettish, Teasing, perverse.

corpse i made a whole twitter parody account just to get your attention... nothing

i made my avatar your picture... nothing

i've gone through your instagram to find women for you and come up with strategies on how to get them... bugger all

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
There's something about obligation that I can't stand. It feels like homework. I'll hoover the whole house rather than do it.

It's because you're being called to account for yourself

It's not 'read this essay I wrote for a laugh', it's 'read this essay I wrote and you'd better have something good to say about it'.

I mean, it's that in my head anyway. Same with Crowley's rap writing.

Not that this is what the experience will be like.

I feel the same way when someone says 'watch this, tell me what you think'. 'Listen to this 2 minute song I made, what do you think?'

My self-esteem has been tied to my ability to have interesting thoughts about things since school. I was shit at sports. All I had was my overmuscled brain. So if I fail to understand, fail to have insight - I'm left with what?

CrowleyHead

Well then we challenge you to do further. Trust us when I say if you'd been good at the sports you would've been pushed there too. I'd know, I was a failed baseball player (sucked at it though so let me not pretend this was any great loss)

CrowleyHead

Fundamentally nobody here's smarter than you. You just say whatever, there's no ranking here.

Look at Third. Third's brand new to the board and already he claps the beloved Barti on the ear and shouts obscenities at him. I cajole blissblogger despite his legacy and influence and his ability to have a stable household and a reputation based on actual work. It's even ground.

tenor.gif

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've got nothing clever to say unfortunately but I'm about halfway through your blog/list and really enjoying the selections and insights. I've not been engaged with rap for a long time now, other than brief forays into Spotify's big lists (as you say, the internet hides as much as it reveals) - so I've not heard pretty much any of these tracks, and this list is making me regret becoming a filthy casual.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Really like that Juvenile song, the point you made re his adaptability to modern rap reminds me of a review I did (you'll be glad to know I can't find it) in the wire comparing a juvenile throwback song with an - apalling - Rubin produced Eminem one. Also one of my favourite rap songs of recent years is Future "Aintcha", which Juve features on and steals. I've never really listened to Juveniles old music, shamefully...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The Blocboy songs are fun and he's got real star quality. I'm only really familiar with Look Alive and No Velcro. I do hate Drake as a general rule but his feature on Look Alive is a good one IMO. Anyway, love the videos, and the point you make about raps self seriousness (there's an outright pomposity to Travis Scott and even Migos) is astute/well taken/bravo chap, etc.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Particularly intrigued by Scrappy Doo cos as you say he brings that New York voice and griminess to the modern trap sound there. Also he featured on one of your lists I think (or was it martorialist?) - Jugg. And I kept banging that one in the gym. He's unorthodox, I will keep my ear out for him.

DannyL

Wild Horses
anybody heard that Quelle Chris album "Guns"? that track Obamacare goes in

"Ghost at the finish line" made me a proper fan hes been on a role the last couple years

No, I'll check it though. I picked up on the "Everything's Fine" record last year when everyone was raving about it and I'm impressed. Kinda reminds me of an Outkast album in terms of how visionary and creative it is. A few tracks reminded me of George Clinton musically which is I guess another resonance with Outkast - he was on Aquemini. I still need to go back and listen a few more times as there's a lot of the lyrics still to digest.

forclosure

It stems from Mozzy signing and doing an album with Richs sworn rival/enemy Messy Marv who i dont think is a person we have talked about on here but is quite character a rapper who was hot at one point who seemed like he went out of his way to sabotage his career.

im up for Messy Marv talk pon here

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Was this on your list Crowley?

I've definitely watched it before - and I just was listening to Rap Caviar for the first time in ages and the songs by DaBaby stand out big time.

forclosure

Anybody listen to Polo G?

i checked out his album and theres qualities in him that i like that are similiar to Mozzy,but i cant let go of my immediate response to his music where i think this is just emo rap for drillers