padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
i was obsessed with basketball. i played every day. i loved it. but i could never watch it. bored me sily.

ya like I said I think sports taste is more dependent on where you grew up than music or cuisine or whatever

tho I grew up playing Little League for many years and baseball bores me to tears so who knows

these days I'm mostly into professional cycling which tbf inspired at least one awesome electro track

luka

ya like I said I think sports taste is more dependent on where you grew up than music or cuisine or whatever

tho I grew up playing Little League for many years and baseball bores me to tears so who knows

these days I'm mostly into professional cycling which tbf inspired at least one awesome electro track

australia is interesting cos its split geographically into two sports regions. nsw and queensland are league the rest is afl. very tribal and the line is almost never crossed.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
are there good rap songs about basketball?

i can only think of 'he got game' by the neo-conservative industrialists and 'hit em high' from the space jam soundtrack

padraig (u.s.)

BUT don't ever make the mistake of thinking yall can compete with terrible (in this case terrible/awesome) American sports rap

luka

are there good rap songs about basketball?

i can only think of 'he got game' by the neo-conservative industrialists and 'hit em high' from the space jam soundtrack

i remmeber peter gunn here explaining to me what the jim jones lyric "Watching Rondo vs Miami he just made a pass. " meant

padraig (u.s.)

i remmeber peter gunn here explaining to me what the jim jones lyric "Watching Rondo vs Miami he just made a pass. " meant

o ya, good dude peter gunn

talk about a disappointing player. great defender, great weird passer, just cannot shoot to save his life. which makes him unplayable in today's NBA.

v fond memories of that KG/Pierce/Ray Allen team fighting the solo Kobe Lakers in the late 00s

padraig (u.s.)

australia is interesting cos its split geographically into two sports regions. nsw and queensland are league the rest is afl. very tribal and the line is almost never crossed.

sports in U.S. split on racial more than geographical lines I think. tho definitely football is most popular in the South. high school in Texas or southern Florida is no joke.

Australia is a weird country (in a good way I mean)

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
i know there are endless NBA references in rap

there's probably a similar frequency of football references in grime

then of course there's

luka

sports in U.S. split on racial more than geographical lines I think. tho definitely football is most popular in the South. high school in Texas or southern Florida is no joke.

rural areas breed bigger boys.

luka

ive got a one man thread where i try with no success to get dissensus into state of origin.

they banned punches a few years ago tho and i sort of lost interest.