Corpsey

bandz ahoy
50 is on the sociopath spectrum

Mind you I'm sure Ross has said some things about 50 over the years at the very least

Wonder what caused this for Ross he's lost a lot of weight but then again 50s deleted post was implying this was drug related

forclosure

cant say ive ever liked Ross hes like Chris Brown for me in that i made up my mind about their music first and for most long before theyre big career changing events made them the people they are today.

that said there is a joylessness in the "Stay Schemin" beat that i keep coming back to

luka

Otto Von Biz Markie
‏ @Passionweiss
17h17 hours ago

Rick Ross first came out rhyming Atlantic with Atlantic. If he never raps another word, he'll go down as one of the greatest of all-time. I can't think of another artistic quantum leap as significant.
15 replies 113 retweets 365 likes
Otto Von Biz Markie
‏ @Passionweiss
17h17 hours ago

This is probably apocryphal, but someone once told me that Rick Ross used to constantly call the Slip N Slide offices, begging Trick Daddy to put him on, and Trick would duck his phone calls until he finally relented. No clue if that's true, but that's the persistence dude had.
1 reply 11 retweets 44 likes

Otto Von Biz Markie
‏ @Passionweiss

It's wild to think that Ross debuted on the Erick Sermon "Erick Onasis" album in 1999. It took seven full years to get from there to "Hustlin." And there was a Suave House deal in between. What a legend.
4:09 PM - 2 Mar 2018

20 Retweets
81 Likes
RΞΞZUS
Tony M Centeno 🎧✍🏽
YDFM Lucci
Jayson Buford
shay scene
Andrew Barber
Dave Seltzer #sodagang
Christina Leapman
mobbdeen

7 replies 20 retweets 81 likes
Ray Cappuccino Tweet text

New conversation
Otto Von Biz Markie
‏ @Passionweiss
17h17 hours ago

When "Mafia Music" dropped it forced even the most skeptical of us to admit that he'd finally put it all together. It was so undeniable that 50's repeated humiliations didn't matter. He started out in the late 90s calling himself Teflon Da Don and somehow really became that.

sadmanbarty

is crowley going to give us a bi-weekly/monthly rap roundup? top 10-30 tracks that you like that came out in that time.

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
Kodak Black is v problematic but still one of the best new generation rappers wot i've heard

Classic!

Absolutely. When "When Vultures Cry" leaked, everyone was thinking it was a jail-phone recording, but it seems to not be the case? One of the weirdest and most original beats / styles I've heard in a minute.

So funny watching him interact with his neighbours too.

sadmanbarty

i'm slightly too young for lil wayne. i remember carter 3 being huge, but was too young to dissect it musically. i'm not old enough to be aware of his context, what he did new, what his influence has been. tried googling it but wasn't very fruitful. can you lot explain wayne for me?

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
i'm not a huge fan but this mixtape (and 'dedication 1/2') are good

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>

luka

flooding the market with mixtapes. being weird. and the intersection between the two, the sense of a fidgety, protean creativity with no off-button. unfiltered. like it just gushed out of him. he started peaking when jay-z was supposed to be the official best rapper alive so when wayne started saying he was it was an interesting moment. people thought, actually, he is isnt he? hes better than jay z at this. they made a good contrast. change in sensibility.

sadmanbarty

jay-z was supposed to be the official best rapper alive so when wayne started saying he was it was an interesting moment. people thought, actually, he is isnt he? hes better than jay z at this. they made a good contrast. change in sensibility.

<iframe src="" width="640" height="427" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="">Jay-Z - D.O.A. (Death of Autotune)</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user1675996">David4Real</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>