CRANK NUTRITION.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Placebo effect is real, so maybe it doesn't matter what vitamin you pick as long as you pick one and believe in it

luka

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2014/dec/03/-sp-trouble-with-fruitarians

i remember enjoying this when i read it.
This was the fourth annual Woodstock fruit festival, a 14‑day celebration of health, fitness, and the consumption of an entirely raw fruit-based vegan diet. There is no meat at the festival, no animal products, no processed food. There are no grains, no nuts, no cooked or steamed or sauteed anything. There is no salt, no oil, no refined sugar, no caffeine, no alcohol, garlic, or onion. Sometimes there are herbs or raw corn. What there is: fruit – more than $100,000 (£64,000) worth of fresh and frozen produce trucked in from fruit and vegetable wholesalers in the Bronx and Chinatown, greens from a nearby organic farm, and donated watermelon from a farmer in Pennsylvania. Approximately 1,750 durians from the tropical fruit distributor New Generation, over 4,200lb of tomatoes, and an almost ineffable amount of bananas – enough to fill one of the large back-kitchen ripening rooms several times over. I was there as one of approximately 600 attendees over the course of two week-long sessions – established or aspiring fruitarians who practise a more rigorous and restrictive diet than most people have ever imagined. For up to $1,795 (£1,145) a week, they seek to achieve elite health and to “plug their digestive systems”, as I overheard one woman say, “directly into nature”.

luka

fruitarianism largely adheres to a nutritional regimen known as 80-10-10. This is a high-carb, low-fat diet in which at least 80% of one’s calorie consumption is expected to come from the simple carbohydrates found in fresh fruits and vegetables, with at most 10% each coming from protein and fat. As a point of comparison, the Atkins diet begins with a recommended ratio of 10% carbs, 29% protein, and 65% fat. Because fruits and vegetables naturally contain small amounts of fat and protein, Dr Doug Graham, an unlicensed chiropractor and the man behind 80-10-10, claims that you can thrive on a diet composed entirely of fresh raw fruits, raw leafy greens, and only occasional supplements of nuts or seeds. For a fruitarian, breakfast might be 1lb of kiwi blended with 1lb of orange juice, with 1lb 12oz of peeled bananas wrapped in romaine leaves for lunch, and a three-course dinner consisting of 1lb blended tangerines and pineapple; 1lb of tangerines, celery, and red bell peppers blended into a soup, and a side salad.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I once knew a fruitarian via my interest in tantra. He turned up to stay at a friend's flat, he brought with him two durian which was all he was going to eat all weekend. A bold move as they fucking stink. She made him keep them on the window sill but still wasn't happy. One of the few people I knew outside of my class who'd ever done Ba Gua, a martial art whose I Ching connection tends to attract people who're mad as fuck.

luka

Mr Tea,

please remove your un-funny and less than irrelevent post, the only possible intention of which is to trivialize with childishness, to mock and ridicule in the most uninspired way possible.

while you are at it, please remove your own presence from this thread if you are not interested in participating in a constructive manner.

welcome back. hoped it would be this thread that lured you back in.

luka

" Frequent defecation is an open secret of the fruitarian lifestyle, and while leaders of the movement don’t talk much about the downsides of this, they often tout the improved quality of your poop as a perk of the diet. "

http://madamenoire.com/1013155/halle-berry-ketogenic-diet/

“I swear by the ketogenic diet,” Berry said during a chat with Mamarazzi. “It’s simple. It’s no sugar, no carbs. And what you force your body to do is instead of burning sugar for fuel, you start burning healthy fats like avocado, coconut oil, eggs. You start eating healthy fats. Butter can be a part of your diet. You just eat protein, nuts, legumes. You start teaching your body. Your body begins to burn fat instead of sugar and when you start burning fat, all the fat starts to melt away.”

Halle gets it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Food is such a source of neurosis in the modern world

About the only adult age ppl who aren't neurotic about it are the two greedy italians (were, rather - r.i.p. carluccio)