Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CRANK NUTRITION.

Cephalopods are just about the only things (that are commonly sold as food, before anyone jumps in with 'live human children' or whatever) that I won't eat on ethical grounds.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Because they are intelligent? Are cuttlefish smart though or is it just octopuses? How about squid and nautiluses (if people eat them)? I've actually read about this dilemma between the pros and cons of eating cephalopods. Basically eating them might be cruel but it is so much better for the planet than meat so you should switch over. I guess the way off the horns of that dilemma is to go veggie but... I'm not gonna do that frankly.

I dunno, I just think they're cool.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I mean yes, octopuses are clever, but are they cleverer than pigs? I have no idea how you'd realistically even go about testing that.

Yeah it's very difficult to define animal intelligence (not to mention intelligence itself but that's another thing altogether). So crows can do loads of stuff apparently but they can't take the lid off a jar like an octopus.... maybe cos they got no hands. Some dogs can't recognise themselves in the mirror is that cos they're thick or cos they identify things by smell? Impossible to give them a hierarchy but there does seem to be a consensus that there are some smart cephalods out there.

I guess dogs might think humans are stupid because apparently some men can't even lick their own bollocks.

I'd stir fry and eat a chimp with a PhD

Eating a live octopus though, like in old boy - I'd draw the line there.
    Last edited by HMGovt; 07-02-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    What about a human who flunked out of school with half a GNVQ?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Eating a live octopus though, like in old boy - I'd draw the line there.
    In a good sea food restaurant the food is obviously very fresh but I've never been offered an octopus that is actually alive. There are quite a lot of places with tanks but normally it's only various types of lobsters and crabs that you actually select to mark for death and then eat. Might be different in the far east, isn't there a fish where they cut it up really quickly and lightly grill it before bringing it to your table with the gills still flapping as it dies in front of you for your pleasure? Yummy.

What IS the IQ of a dead octopus anyway?

Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    What IS the IQ of a dead octopus anyway?
    Case closed.
    Slightly higher than a live brexiter... but who would wanna eat one of those?
    (Sorry - I literally cannot help myself)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    What about a human who flunked out of school with half a GNVQ?
    probably not as tasty as the chimp

I had a breakfast that HMG would have approved of today. Bacon, eggs, halloumi and a few sunblush tomatoes. Hardly a polysaccharide in sight.