CRANK NUTRITION.

boxedjoy

I'd like to get into some kind of exercise but:

a) there is too much of interest to read - books, magazines, long-reads, everything. My phone is just a diary of screenshots of things to read on days off and bus journeys, there is barely enough time to fit it in never mind do exercise

b) it is cold and dark so I don't want to pound the streets

c) the gym is expensive and also full of other people

d) I don't own any sportswear and I would feel ridiculous in it - I'm 5ft7, pot-bellied with tiny arms, who would I be kidding?

e) I hate working in teams, I wouldn't want to do it for fun

f) I hated PE in school because I was a fat homo and walking punchline - some kids get picked last; I was the kid they tried to give the other team

g) even workout DVDs are horrendeous. I find myself screaming at Davina, "fuck off you ex-junkie cow I'm not doing that"

catalog

You could do yoga with adrienne with luke? But it won't sort your paunch. You need to go up hills and things

boxedjoy

oh yoga is a nightmare for me, I did try it but even when I was 8 stone at 18 I could barely touch my knees never mind my toes, I genuinely believe that my hamstrings were developed backwards because I can lean really far back but not forward at all

version

Diet's easily the most important part of losing weight. I managed to lose half a stone in a week just eating a couple of apples a day and maybe a sandwich.

boxedjoy

I wish I had that discipline. I go to work, I'm having a bad day, I go to Greggs. I come home, I'm tired, I have a ready meal and a bag of crisps. It's my day off, I can't be bothered leaving the house, I have a Just-Eat promo code. I tried to get into cooking during lockdown but it just isn't as fun as sitting on the couch listening to music and reading about serial killers on wikipedia.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
If you're hitting Covid era inactivity - get some cheap waterproofs, not a retro-cool cagoule (20£ should cover tops and bottoms) and go for a walk. When the temperatures drop, get a few layers on and commence. Walking in the snow offers loads of fun. Aim for 3 a week, 30mins, then 45mins, upwards etc. Then push on to 4 walks a week, then 5. Graded exposure.

Look at kettlebell routines. Highly efficient, just ease into it but it's good for the noggin to get our of the gated paradise. Missing the Peaks badly, personally. Might've killed someone this year without regular walks.

catalog

my mate who im in a band with lives alone and never buys fresh fruit or veg cos he says it spoils/attracts pests. everything is out the freezer. but he does have a really swanky coffee maker.

luka

my mate who im in a band with lives alone and never buys fresh fruit or veg cos he says it spoils/attracts pests. everything is out the freezer. but he does have a really swanky coffee maker.

This is a problem, particularly if you often find yourself eating out or skipping meals. This is why I live mainly on broccoli, sweet potato, peppers, carrots, onions, and frozen peas. All keeps fairly well.

catalog

yeah cooking when you're on your tod can be a pain in the arse, i almost always go for something like cheese on biscuits if its just me