CRANK NUTRITION.

luka

i'm a lifelong vegetarain, the original crank diet, although not for health reasons.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
Possibly not directly relevant to this thread but watched this last night:

Eat, Fast and Live Longer
Horizon, 2012-2013 Episode 3 of 18

Michael Mosley has set himself a truly ambitious goal: he wants to live longer, stay younger and lose weight in the bargain. And he wants to make as few changes to his life as possible along the way. He discovers the powerful new science behind the ancient idea of fasting, and he thinks he's found a way of doing it that still allows him to enjoy his food. Michael tests out the science of fasting on himself - with life-changing results.​

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lxyzc

In the program, by fasting two days a week he not only loses a stone in 5 weeks but also reduces loads of markers that point to your risk-levels of getting heart disease, cancers etc. And that's with eating basically anything he wanted to on his off days.

I'm all ears supplement wise, after HMVGOVT might have saved my life by recommending 6 vitamin D3 pills a day.

Steak, liver, bacon, sausages, roast belly pork, eggs
All the cheeses
Mushrooms
Purple sprouting broccoli, though I seem to be eating less of that. Vegetables are neither necessary nor sufficient for health.
Red wine all the time, beer rarely
Chocolate (all the goodness you can get from vegetables in tiny amounts are in chocolate in large amounts)
Blueberries and raspberries with double cream
Gallons of tea and litres of coffee

A tbsp of Omega-3 oil once or twice a week
Curcumin once or twice a week

Vitamin D3, magnesium citrate, zinc citrate, aspirin 75mg every day

weight machines and rowing about 30-40 minutes per week in total. I haven't worked up to free weights yet

Blood donation 3 or 4 times a year to keep iron in check.

10kg lighter and never better, thanks for asking.

Last edited:

luka

Steak, liver, bacon, sausages, roast belly pork, eggs
All the cheeses
Mushrooms
Purple sprouting broccoli, though I seem to be eating less of that. Vegetables are neither necessary nor sufficient for health.
Red wine
Chocolate (all the goodness you can get from vegetables in tiny amounts are in chocolate in large amounts)
Blueberries and raspberries with double cream
Gallons of tea and litres of coffee

A tbsp of Omega-3 oil once or twice a week
Curcumin once or twice a week

Vitamin D3, magnesium citrate, zinc citrate, aspirin 75mg every day

weight machines and rowing about 30-40 minutes per week in total. I haven't worked up to free weights yet

Blood donation 3 or 4 times a year to keep iron in check.

Never better, thanks for asking.

one of my pet beliefs is that there is no one size fits all approach to nutrition. different bodies need different things. different lifestyles, different climates, different ages etc all need different things.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
This thread is inspiring me to leave Holland and Barrett later with a bin bag full of pills

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
another thing that doesn't fit into crank nutrition thread but

I'm going to try and stop smoking weed this year, and instead make cannabis butter than I can spread on my food

luka

i first becasme interested in it in 2000 when i was visiting my cousin and saw some fairly early raw food propaganda books in his flat.

one of my pet beliefs is that there is no one size fits all approach to nutrition. different bodies need different things. different lifestyles, different climates, different ages etc all need different things.

Probably not. Our ancestors were obligate carnivores with smashing gnashers and lovely skin, but now billions are being slowly killed by diseases of agrarian civilisation. In all human history there's never been a vegetarian or vegan civilisation.