CRANK NUTRITION.

Woebot

this however is the unalloyed truth

yikes edmund. you must have a real sensitive gut or something?

not wanting to dispense nutritional advice BUT (doing it anyway) those complex carbs can be tricky. maybe try eating some leaves? rocket, watercress, cavallo nero, spinach, lettuce... that way you won't die of cancer so soon. fruit can be difficult as well but pineapple, starwberry are low in the sugars (which is what it's hard to digest).

sugar itself is half glucose and half fructose - but with sugar the fructose gets absorbed with the glucose and goes down easy. all sugars break down to glucose at the end cos that's what our body uses for fuel.

Last edited:

not wanting to dispense nutritional advice BUT (doing it anyway) those complex carbs can be tricky. maybe try eating some leaves? rocket, watercress, cavallo nero, spinach, lettuce... that way you won't die of cancer so soon. fruit can be difficult as well but pineapple, starwberry are low in the sugars (which is what it's hard to digest).

sugar itself is half glucose and half fructose - but with sugar the fructose gets absorbed with the glucose and goes down easy. all sugars break down to glucose at the end cos that's what our body uses for fuel.

Fructose is to be avoided, or at least highly limited

Prolonged Appetite Stimulant
Addictive properties
Metabolized largely to Fat storage in every organ
Causes subliminal vascular chronic inflammation
Toxic in large doses http://www.nutritionforlife.healthcare/blog/why-is-fructose-so-bad

The body doesn't have to consume sugar of any type to produce the glucose it needs, the liver will very happily use gluconeogenesis to metabolise fat and proteins into precisely the amount of glucose your body needs. Preloading the body with glucose is what's making everyone fat and then dead.

Woebot

oh and leaves are low on fibre which is a GOOD THING if you have very sensitive guts (as opposed to the idiotic dogma that fibre is necessarily great). added fibre in particular is sheer stupidity.

also if anyone wants to call me out on being borgeouis for recommending rocket (let them eat cake innit...) - well a pack of it is probably roughly the same as a bar of cadburys chocolate filth.

droid

oh and leaves are low on fibre which is a GOOD THING if you have very sensitive guts (as opposed to the idiotic dogma that fibre is necessarily great). added fibre in particular is sheer stupidity.

Yes, I can attest to this. Fibre is my kryptonite.

luka

Increasingly I've come to understand this in terms of sacrifice and the covenants they seal.

luka

Sacrifice gains the attention of the gods and there are rewards, real rewards to be had. The converse of this is that there are punishments for backsliding. You enter a world of virtue and sin. A religious universe. This is how I interpret Jordan Petersons cider episode.

Although I myself have ended up occupying this atavistic universe of punishment and reward I wouldn't recommend it. Better not to attract the attention of the gods.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Re cephalopods, I've read that they are one of the few species (or genuses or whatever I mean) profiting from global warming. Their numbers are increasing and basically we should all be switching over to eat more of them. I had an octopus for lunch on Tuesday and it was lovely. Squid is also big here and cuttlefish but I'm not so keen on the way they serve it most of the time - basically like chicken nuggets but with cuttlefish. It's weird, they all seem to consider it a delicacy but it's dry and just not that tasty compared to almost every other thing they eat.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Cephalopods are just about the only things (that are commonly sold as food, before anyone jumps in with 'live human children' or whatever) that I won't eat on ethical grounds.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Because they are intelligent? Are cuttlefish smart though or is it just octopuses? How about squid and nautiluses (if people eat them)? I've actually read about this dilemma between the pros and cons of eating cephalopods. Basically eating them might be cruel but it is so much better for the planet than meat so you should switch over. I guess the way off the horns of that dilemma is to go veggie but... I'm not gonna do that frankly.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I mean yes, octopuses are clever, but are they cleverer than pigs? I have no idea how you'd realistically even go about testing that.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah it's very difficult to define animal intelligence (not to mention intelligence itself but that's another thing altogether). So crows can do loads of stuff apparently but they can't take the lid off a jar like an octopus.... maybe cos they got no hands. Some dogs can't recognise themselves in the mirror is that cos they're thick or cos they identify things by smell? Impossible to give them a hierarchy but there does seem to be a consensus that there are some smart cephalods out there.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I guess dogs might think humans are stupid because apparently some men can't even lick their own bollocks.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'd stir fry and eat a chimp with a PhD
Eating a live octopus though, like in old boy - I'd draw the line there.
In a good sea food restaurant the food is obviously very fresh but I've never been offered an octopus that is actually alive. There are quite a lot of places with tanks but normally it's only various types of lobsters and crabs that you actually select to mark for death and then eat. Might be different in the far east, isn't there a fish where they cut it up really quickly and lightly grill it before bringing it to your table with the gills still flapping as it dies in front of you for your pleasure? Yummy.