Stormin'

luka

The Hype Master
‏ @storminmc
8h8 hours ago

So been told there is nothing else they can do left to die but I will continue to fight and not give up till the ends I love my fans and family and will continue to FIGHT

this aint fair. Stormin' is one of the very best. I love him and his style and lyrics.

luka

very sad. nasty was the best crew in grime and stormin' was essential to that. i remember many many years ago my mate telling me about how he used to just stand outside stratford bus centre, before grime existed, clashing anyone for hours on end.

everyone should listen to nasty sets from between 2001-2003 today and nothing else and remember how many classic lyrics the guy had and what a genius with rhythm and spacing and timing he was and how infectious that energy was.

luka

loads on youtube. not hard to find.
for example.
yet another reason why youtube is 1000 times better than nazi spotify for music

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
The one annoying thing about youtube is you can't lock your phone with it on

Also you can't look at other stuff when you're on youtube on your phone

I guess I could pay for it but that seems perverse

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
this is good this

takes me back to the days of downloading fuck radio sets and walking around my university campus inwardly exploding with confidence and aggression while outwardly resembling a forlorn earthworm in a bomber jacket

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
funny how london went from this to road rap

or maybe its an east vs south thing

'a buff ting that likes to read books and cooks' - my dream girl too tbh

Last edited:

luka

i want an intelligent girl a girl that can rock my world
a female with brains as well as looks
a buff ting that likes to read books and cooks and hates
whn i mix with the crooks

luka

Let's not rose tint the glasses too much. After all, Kano was in this crew so boring rappers have always thrived in London.

yeah but not the classic line up. i dont recognise anything thats not stormin shark dee hyper armour (mak 10 or marcus but prefereably mak)

luka

and it's not rose tinting to say theres literally more variety in that line up than in the entire history of road rap from talking to hardest to 67

luka

im not even disappointed dad about it any more i dont care its young people let em get on with it

trilliam

what's variety when you're shit though, is variety the new pushing things forward or ???

not saying them man are shit but gassing up guys like stormin sharky major etc by talking about how "quaint" n "novel" (them words will invariably be used) their styles are as a way to put down road rappers/superior grime MCs is a red flag n convo I have no time for

Stormin was cool, u'll always remember hearing him over amazing mak 10 mixes, maybe just leave it at that?