Thread: An entertaining interview with Quincy Jones

Default An entertaining interview with Quincy Jones

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quinc...versation.html

Slags off the Beatles, pours scorn on Hendrix, defames Michael Jackson, etc.

Classic

good find.

You sure seem to know a lot.
    I know too much, man.

What’s something you wish you didn’t know?
    Who killed Kennedy.

Who did it?
    [Chicago mobster Sam] GiancanaChicago gangster Sam Giancana is a well-known name among Kennedy conspiracists, both for his alleged help in delivering Illinois votes for Kennedy in the 1960 presidential election and the 1963 assassination of the president. The latter theory largely stems from Giancana’s murder in 1975, not long before he was supposed to testify before a Senate committee investigating collusion between the mob and the CIA. . The connection was there between Sinatra and the Mafia and Kennedy. Joe Kennedy — he was a bad man — he came to Frank to have him talk to Giancana about getting votes.

I’ve heard this theory before, that the mob helped win Illinois for Kennedy in 1960.
    We shouldn’t talk about this publicly. Where you from?

Toronto.
    I was at the Massey Hall showIn May 1953, jazz geniuses Charlie Parker, Bud Powell, Charles Mingus, Max Roach, and Dizzy Gillespie were recorded — for the first and last time — together in concert at Toronto’s Massey Hall. The resulting live album, Jazz at Massey Hall, is rightly considered a classic. .

I just read this earlier and was going to post it too, it's torally fantastic!

Oh yeah forgot about the JFK assassination stuff

https://www.gq.com/story/quincy-jones-has-a-story

Would you ever go out with anyone your own age?

"Hell no!" Jones gives me a look, a kind of incredulity that is some mixture of horror and bewilderment. "You see me with an 84-year-old woman? Are you crazy?"

And why not?

"Why not??? Why? For what, man? There's nothing…there's no upside. You gotta be kidding. I got me some technology out there"—he gestures to the mansion's perimeter—"that keep fat and old away from here. Buzzes if they're too old.

richard pryor's widow confirms his brando hookup:

“It was the ’70s! Drugs were still good, especially quaaludes,” she said. “If you did enough cocaine, you’d f*** a radiator and send it flowers in the morning.”
    http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/pryor...th-brando.html

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

Quincy was the one who told MJ do do the crotch grab, to give him sex appeal to the girls. I think it was on WTF where Artie Lange said Quincy told him to stick with sleeping with young girls to stay young. He's from a different time and place, old Hollywood was dark as fuck. The fact that Q is so honest about it is refreshing, tbh. Acting shocked about it is naive if you ask me. The entertainment industry and especially Hollywood is run by (possibly literal, or at least practical) satanists. No tin foil hat needed to see that.
    Last edited by pattycakes_; 08-02-2018 at 05:58 PM.

i was triggered by his openly disdaining the fat and old like that

he melted my snowflake heart

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    richard pryor's widow confirms his brando hookup:

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/pryor...th-brando.html
    That's a good line, you can see what Pryor saw in her just off the strength of that line

And come on it's Marlon Brando who needs qualuudes?