Dancehall Autopsy

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
yeah but otoh dancehall was invented by the beatles ('obi-di oba-da oba-li oba-la') so its swings and roundabouts

droid

The last few years have been a golden age for rap. It's the only genre still pioneering and still innovating to any large degree. You can't say that about dancehall.

lol, correct me if Im wrong, but havent most of the 'innovations' in rap been rooted in dancehall production?

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
last night we got on the train from upton park and there was a crazy 6'4 eastern european gentleman trying to fight an african gentleman on the platform.

the driver said 'just to announce we've got an altercation going on at the rear of the train' and then the doors closed and we drove off with the madman on board

he paced up and down the train looking like he was ready to hit anyone and everyone

then he pressed the emergency stop button because he missed his station

he got off at west ham like us and got on another train going the other way

to this day i wonder what happened to that poor drunken man

put me right on edge

luckily after that i drank myself into a state of glorious abandon and cooly g played

in the air tonight - phil collins
pony - ginuwine
close to you - maxi priest
grind with me - pretty ricky
climax - usher
controlla - popcaan
work - rihanna

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
i sense a ninjaman vs supercat style clash involving droid and barty in the post

just hoping nobody gets hurt

luka

last night we got on the train from upton park and there was a crazy 6'4 eastern european gentleman trying to fight an african gentleman on the platform.

the driver said 'just to announce we've got an altercation going on at the rear of the train' and then the doors closed and we drove off with the madman on board

he paced up and down the train looking like he was ready to hit anyone and everyone

then he pressed the emergency stop button because he missed his station

he got off at west ham like us and got on another train going the other way

to this day i wonder what happened to that poor drunken man

put me right on edge

luckily after that i drank myself into a state of glorious abandon and cooly g played

in the air tonight - phil collins
pony - ginuwine
close to you - maxi priest
grind with me - pretty ricky
climax - usher
controlla - popcaan
work - rihanna

what were you doing in newham?

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
Dancehall definitely an influence on nurap but also memphis rap circa 1995 and gregorian chant circa 9th-10th century CE

luka

gregorian in the air tonight choir cover. i need to know why you were in newham though. very important.

luka

need examples and diagrams of influence. more specifics from droid and barty. drill down. like you two used to bond over notating jungle rhythms. i need some detail.

trilliam

this is peak dissensus genre fetishiation/out of date takes delivered with authority

on the rock is terrible

ok then:eek:

trilliam

so cute what them jamaicans are doing on their little island with their prehistoric recording devices

i cant discern one style from another, i just love it all !

ed sheeran dancehall banger jesus wept