Dancehall Autopsy

luka

i get waynenwax and dave quam confused. or are they the same person? both do that pith helmet ethnomusicology thing to try and prove reggaeton is good.

luka

700 pages of densely argued musicological analysis in service of the worst musical genre that has ever existed.

luka

wrong about what? i didnt even make a claim. unless youre going to try and defend reggaeton in which case i will have to try, albeit with a heavy heart, to get you permamantly banned from the forum.

droid

Eh, yeah, you did. You claimed that Wayne's stuff was 'pith helmet ethnomusicology' and that his entire project was intended to prove 'reggaeton is good'.

Its nonsense.

luka

BigBlackBarry
‏ @BigBlackBarry
2h2 hours ago

I think it's probably the first time since the birth of dancehall and hiphop that the current relevant crop of dancehall artists are better lyrically and artistically than their American peers.
2 replies 1 retweet 8 likes
BigBlackBarry
‏ @BigBlackBarry
1h1 hour ago

They've been times they were better, times we were both the same.
But it's the first time that we've been so far ahead.
Adi, alka, Masika, Shane O, Guvna etc are all better artists then every Lil Shit and Yung Fart.

BigBlackBarry
‏ @BigBlackBarry
54m54 minutes ago

Production is our weak point now. It's all pretty bad and not made for any market except a shallow ethnic core.
1 reply 0 retweets 1 like
BigBlackBarry
‏ @BigBlackBarry
53m53 minutes ago

But the top artists are def superior to most of their peers stateside. They lack direction but certainly not talent.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

End of conversation

New conversation
DutchIsDutch
‏ @DutchieFlair
48m48 minutes ago

Replying to @BigBlackBarry

Agree
2 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
BigBlackBarry
‏ @BigBlackBarry
42m42 minutes ago

I just thought about it as I saw a write up and listened to the last Lil something song. I was like wow, this is really bad. Dancehall is pretty shit now but pound for pound we out spitting and out writing them by miles.