Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: thread for crowley's wu tang clan opinions and stories

"One story we had was we all was -- even when we was on the road we was still f*cking around, smoking dust and all that sh*t," Rae said. "Some dudes still had habits that was just habits 'cause we was associated with that kind of crowd of n*ggas. Like I said, for every Wu-Tang member, he has his own entourage. That's why we was always so deep. You got nine brothers, you may know ten dudes and you may know eight and you know six, you may be with the normal three that you with, he come with 12. That's 60 n*ggas right there. So everybody had their audience of dudes they ran with. At that time, we was around RZA's crew of dudes. These n*ggas was just hooded out, whatever whatever... One night we was all in the room smoking dust just, 'Boom, boom, boom,'" he continued. "Dust is like that embalming fluid. So we in there blowing. Why me, Dirty, RZA, a couple other brothers from the hood, I think we wound up doing like 900 pushups that day, apiece. We all was just getting on the floor getting it in. Some n*ggas was at like 1,200. We smoking dust, amped up, like, 'Yeah, yeah, c'mon!' I think Dirty did about like 1,100 that night. I did about 950. Mind you, I never did that many pushups in my life. I did so many pushups that Goddamn day that I wasn't even dusted no more. I wiped that sh*t right out my body... That was some sh*t. Dirty, he was an amazing individual. That's one of the memories I can remember 'cause he was the one that was definitely amping everybody up."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyHead View Post
    "Liquid Swords" seperate your feelings from the album people, who else took anything from Liquid Swords other than the idea that all Wu-Tang do is rap about numbers, kung fu movies, and wizard shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyHead View Post
    Wu-Tang were my Kiss, you know, they were my superheroes.
    we never got an actual opinion from crowl. i want a full 15,000 word essay documenting your life experience with wu tang. a classic downfall story as you tell us just what they meant to you, all that they offer and then open up to us about the dark years of disillusionment. go album by album. chonological order. no getting sidetracked. just spill your heart out.
    Last edited by sadmanbarty; 08-10-2018 at 12:00 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

it's always sad thinking about the people in the 60's who really believed it. there's a quote in the book electric eden where robin williamson says he really thought that money wouldn't exist in 18 months. ever since that time we've never had a culture that believed in itself. all subcultures since knew that 1) they were self-contained, they weren't going to change anything and 2) that they were time limited, that they were fads that would last for a few years before something else came along.

but with wu though... it's hard not to get that feeling like it was supposed to mean more. how can it all have ended wtih rza making 2nd rate tarantino films, method man being a modern day cheech and chong and the gza giving ted talks about chess? wasn't it supposed to be more than that?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

"Can it Be That It Was All So Simple"

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrowleyHead For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    method man being a modern day cheech and chong
    Pretty good as Cheese, though.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    gza giving ted talks about chess?
    oh for fuck's sake, that was supposed to be a joke, he actually did one

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

Enter the Realm: Wu-Tang Clan Just Dropped an Empowered Lipstick Line
    https://musebycl.io/fashion-beauty/e...-lipstick-line

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

The weird thing about the world and rappers is we refuse to admit that they're carnies and Wu-Tang has magnificently been blessed by this.

There's something I wanted to say more in response to barty but the post vanished on me so another time.

this is something i dont adhere to. i think the carny thing is more ambiguous than that.
    i don't think it is a question of authentic/inauthentic. true prophet of the one true faith/charlatan.

sometimes people act as entrypoints for something else.
    wu tang did that. but capitalism distorts the purpose of these interventions and makes puppets out of the people who were only ever conduits at any event. they have to ventriloquise that moment again and again as penance.