Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: labour + antisemitism

Well, I think the Guardian attitude towards Corbyn has been clear since Day 1 - they support the Labour centrists. But yeah, when that means essentially parroting the Tory line in issues like this, it's pretty disappointing even when one only has the minimum of faith in the Graun as an institution.

Yeah, the idea that Russia won it for Trump (I'm sure they meddled) is just refusal to recognise that lots of people in the West are quite happy to vote for the far right under certain conditions. There's an extraordinary disavowal of the reality of recent Western history, which explains why massive projections are the order of the day.

Just struck me that the Tory insistence that anti-Semitism is a *Labour* problem mirrors the projective logic of racism and anti-Semitism itself, whereby undesirable facets of character are associated with the Other because the Self cannot tolerate the truth.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

Decent and nuanced discussion on the issue here.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to droid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Decent and nuanced discussion on the issue here.
    Yeah the first guest on there is quite good I think. Finkelstein entertainingly rabid.

It will be interesting to see how this develops now that the Tories are having their own Islamophobia problems.

Also whether the Labour centrists will stop attacking the left quite so much for antisemitism now that far right activists are attacking left wing bookshops.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to john eden For This Useful Post:

Yeah, Finkelstein gets quite shakespearian towards the end there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to droid For This Useful Post: